Another Z06 brake thread.

cb2big4u

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty positive the z06 upgrade will only fit under 22 inch wheels or more. I read that somewhere.

Still waiting on rotors. Baer swore they would be here by Wednesday. I have my hopes for Friday so that I can do this on the weekend.

If I were you I would be sure to put masking tape on the calipers. The Corvette logo is not baked on and break fluid has its way with the logo. I believe 20's should be ok, it's a matter of on the offset design if the rim has a concave design it won't clear.

If I were you I would be sure to put masking tape on the calipers. The Corvette logo is not baked on and break fluid has its way with the logo. I believe 20's should be ok, it's a matter of on the offset design if the rim has a concave design it won't clear.

Good looking out. I'll make sure to do that.

Just got done with the brakes. Looks like only 2/3 of the pads are contacting the rotor but I guess that's how it's suppose to be. Stop amazing. Definitely can tell a difference. Had to bleed these things by myself. Mityvac and a hockey stick. I will get more pictures. Truck is terribly dirty at the moment. Here's some temp pics I took at 2am.

20141213_020610_zpsuad3avu0.jpg

Rims make the brakes look tiny.

20141213_020534_zpserqqgwro.jpg

I'll take more tomorrow after I wash her. Also have one rusty drum that I need to replace.

And yes...I noticed when I got home I was dragging a ratchet strap. Lol

Just got done with the brakes. Looks like only 2/3 of the pads are contacting the rotor but I guess that's how it's suppose to be.

Mount the pads upside down by chance?

This pic is the 'OLD' brackets but the pads are in upside down here.

JeffsSSS003.jpg

And to compare 'OLD' vs "NEW"

JeffsSSS036.jpg

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Hmm. You might be on to something here. The pads had tapered edges at one side that lined up with the clips. So I must have them upside down. I didn't think they would fit well the other way though. Are you positive on this?