Cars being discontinued

Aksonny

I have not heard any official word on the SS, but it would not surprise me. Chevy mad a huge mistake with this car. They should have waited another 2 years and released it on the new alpha platform that the ATS and the CTS ride on, and mated it with the new LT1 from the Corvette. It would have been a 4 door corvette. Instead they rushed it and used an old platform and older engine, and they mad it so difficult to order.

The Durango shocks me as well, but I know that Dodge is supposedly going to become a "performance" brand, and Chrysler is going to be the regular economy brand. There are rumors that Chrysler is working on a Larger CUV so maybe the Durango is just going to be re-banged as a Chrysler.

Certainly doesn't surprise me. Chevrolet has this very piss poor thinking lately that everyone is just loaded with money. You can't get a Camaro with a V8 without doing a full on very expensive SS package. You can't get a 6.2L in a truck without doing a top level model that is rediculously expensive. The Chevy SS (stupid name) was released as a new vehicle with old technology and out of this world pricing. There is no base model for it at all. Dodge has a V6, V8 5.7L (available in a reasonably priced lower end model), V8 6.4L, and V8 6.2L supercharged. It is almost like GM has forgotten what worked so well in the 80's. How about a V6 camaro, 5.3L RS Camaro, 6.2L Z28 Camaro, 6.2L and 7.0L 1LE Z28 Camaro, and 7.0L and 6.2L Supercharged SS model. The current Z28 Camaro should be called an SS. The Z28 has always been an entry level package and not a 70,000 )over a loaded up Corvette price). My wife and I just bought a Chevrolet Cruze with 2.0L Diesel and it stickered for over 29k. The Cruze is a replacement for a Cobalt which was a replacement for a Cavalier. Basically I just bought a 29k dollar Cavalier and once again the Diesel can only be bought as a high level trim package car. When the Pontiac G8 came out GM made the mistake in not doing a version of it as a Chevrolet Caprice and Impala SS. The G8 is one of GM's best ever built cars for the money by far and away. It barely sold because it was sold under a dying name. GM also scrapped a 100% completed project known as the 4.5L Duramax for the 1500 series trucks. That engine was completely designed and ready for build. Now they are scrambling for a diesel for the half ton trucks with Nissan and Dodge now having them and Ford on the edge of having them done let alone having twin turbo V6's already built to run like a diesel. The bean counters are killing GM. They will survive, but not like they should be doing.

I gotta agree with Zippy as well... 2006 is my last new GM year, I have a 2006 Silverado and soon a 2006 GTO, the only car I might buy, and I mean ONLY car would be a used G8 GT. just because I like Holden. GM has been slowly killing themselves... and it's a shame.

I personally am a huge Holden fan, so I'd love to see more Holden designs hit our streets, but I heard Holden and Ford of Australia are being shut down...

• 1 year later...

Welcome to the site Daisy!

2014 included a lot of brand new tech, so there's usually bugs to work out. I bought a 2014 Silverado LT a little over a year ago, had issues with a drive line vibration at certain speeds they could neither pinpoint or fix. Ultimately they ended up taking the truck back and I got a 2015 2500HD instead. No issues on anything and I love it!

Hope you got everything worked out!

• 2 weeks later...