Anyone successfully replaced the BOSE subwoofer?

phenryiv1

I would like to upgrade to a brand-name 6" sub in the center console, but all of the searches I found deal with theory and "I would"s.

I also was wondering about the volume of the chamber for the woofer, its impedence, and the resonance of the enclosure, if one were to use a more high-output woofer in place of the Bose driver.

Lastly, does anyone have approximate wattages for the Bose amps? I know that they do not publish them, but I was wondering.

So has anyone successfully completed this upgrade?

to be perfectly honest... I would just get rid of the 6'' all together. If you want real bass and are serious about your system a 6" woofer is never going to cut it. I've got all my parts together and I will be installing a pair of Boston Acoustic 12" competition subs and they're BIG competition amp. This all to be installed in a box under the rear seat. Seems to me that just swapping the 6" is more trouble than its worth IMO.

to be perfectly honest... I would just get rid of the 6'' all together. If you want real bass and are serious about your system a 6" woofer is never going to cut it. I've got all my parts together and I will be installing a pair of Boston Acoustic 12" competition subs and they're BIG competition amp. This all to be installed in a box under the rear seat. Seems to me that just swapping the 6" is more trouble than its worth IMO.

:withstupid: Replacing the Bose 6" driver w/ another while still using the Bose amp will make things worse, not better. :(

:withstupid:  Replacing the Bose 6" driver w/ another while still using the Bose amp will make things worse, not better.  :(

Isn't it weird how Bose stuff will only perform right w/ other Bose components??? ESPECIALLY their home stuff... ever tried to hook up different speakers to a lifestyle50 system??? They make it damn near impossible!!! :banghead:

:withstupid:   Replacing the Bose 6" driver w/ another while still using the Bose amp will make things worse, not better.  :(

Isn't it weird how Bose stuff will only perform right w/ other Bose components??? ESPECIALLY their home stuff... ever tried to hook up different speakers to a lifestyle50 system??? They make it damn near impossible!!! :banghead:

If it has no highs and no lows, it must be "Bose" :crackup:

Replacing the Bose 6" driver w/ another while still using the Bose amp will make things worse, not better.  :(

Is this from experience, or theory? Not doubting you, just asking.

Amps see impedence, not brand names. It could be that the driver has particular properties that maximize the amp, but those properties have to do w/ design, not that particular driver.

Archived