Racing stripes done my way

Its time! I'm doing the racing stripes on Nichloe this week, heres what I've got so far.

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

I want it to look like there is a slice of black truck where the stripes are, everywhere in that line turns black no matter what it is. I'll post up pics as I get

the paint on it and than how it looks cut and buffed!

-Matt

Holy bumpers batman

No doubt, those things are ridiculous. You pushing brush with the truck or something?

haha, yeah I used to live in Texas and work on a ranch and I'd go through lots of plants (and sometimes animals because cow).

They are also really great chairs

As far as the pinstripe thank you ! I was still deciding on widths at that point tho so it went away, heres some pics of what I've got so far, I just have the bed to go now.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

I put a butt ton (4 coats) of clear on there so you can't feel the stripes at all, tomorrow I'm going to spray the back and than its cut and buff time and hopefully the sun will come out so I can see that sparkle! The black is the black diamond off the CTS-V, the ranch guy I used to work for had one in that color and it is absolutely stunning in the sun

-Matt

What do you mean they don't match? The hood just isn't closed in this picture its only 3 hours or so after I sprayed it

Its either that or you grill is throw ing me off. it could be because of you grill being all billet. just looks like you have a big gap around your head light and grill on top. if you put a 05+ hood on a 03-04 front end it will do that also if you put a 03-04 grill on and 05+ front end you will have gaps so I wasn't sure. could just be your grill. look at the gap where your hood meets the grill and headlights.

Its either that or you grill is throw ing me off. it could be because of you grill being all billet. just looks like you have a big gap around your head light and grill on top. if you put a 05+ hood on a 03-04 front end it will do that also if you put a 03-04 grill on and 05+ front end you will have gaps so I wasn't sure. could just be your grill. look at the gap where your hood meets the grill and headlights.

Check out the picture below we aren't understanding each other haha

Is that red a factory colour? I really like the colour combo with the stripes.

No its the 3 stage red off the new Stingray, I really like this color its very dynamic, the sun and shadows really highlight the lines of the truck when it hits just right. I appreciate the compliment I think the 2 colors looks great together too. When I was shopping for colors I almost went with a jaguar red and I'm so glad I didn't this color is so much better and I keep GM paint codes for the truck

IMG_0123-5.jpg

-Matt

Good job on the stripes, Matt, and a great color. :thumbsup:

Got a nephew in Midland who runs a lot of back roads. Say's you've got to have those bumpers. Still think I'd save the SS for a town truck and put stock bumpers on her.

Nice combo with the Vette and SSS. FTW

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)