Bone A$$ Stock

WisconsinSS

i've spent some time in a few SS's and although they are very nice from the factory, an unmodified SS is an SS awaiting mods. :D it's always fun to see how much better you can make it than how you bought it. :chevy:

As far as performance, all I did was the PCM, CAI, and Exhaust. Theses are the three things I felt were worth the money and didn't adversly affect my warranty. As far as a difference, I'm happy with these mods for now.

I have a Volant, Superior Servos, custom exhaust and a PCMforless tune. I am pretty happy with the truck for now. I will eventually do more radical mods, but that isnt going to happen untill after the warrenty is gone.

I wish that I could be like you and be happy with it stock. I really think that I have some mental disease where there is always something, anything that can be improved upon. It torments me more to have a warranty and not be able to mod it than not have a warranty, and risk blowing something up. I try so hard to leave it alone, and it is a constant battle with myself. So far I have 4996 miles, and it is still under warranty so I guess that I am doing ok.

Aaron

I have a Volant, Superior Servos, custom exhaust and a PCMforless tune.  I am pretty happy with the truck for now.  I will eventually do more radical mods, but that isnt going to happen untill after the warrenty is gone.

thanks charlie if i wanted to read your mods i would have looked at your signature or read your garage :yellow_loser:

Recently I had 2 1994 z28's. They both were cammed and had all the bolt ons available. I put about 6-7000 dollars worth of performance mods and appearance mods on each of them. I loved the cars and they got alot of attention, along with the fact that they were trapping the 1/4 around 110mph, they just soaked up too much money. Money that you never really get back. I told myself that the only go fast mods with the SS are going to be a tune, muffler, and a k&n filter. I have actually suprised myself and haven't even done anything to it. I normally can't leave things alone.

Brandon

sss

I have a Volant, Superior Servos, custom exhaust and a PCMforless tune.  I am pretty happy with the truck for now.  I will eventually do more radical mods, but that isnt going to happen untill after the warrenty is gone.

thanks charlie if i wanted to read your mods i would have looked at your signature or read your garage :yellow_loser:

:banghead::mad::yellow_loser:

:devil:

I wish that I could be like you and be happy with it stock.  I really think that I have some mental disease where there is always something, anything that can be improved upon.  It torments me more to have a warranty and not be able to mod it than not have a warranty, and risk blowing something up.  I try so hard to leave it alone, and it is a constant battle with myself.  So far I have 4996 miles, and it is still under warranty so I guess that I am doing ok.

Aaron

I am with you. I just can't leave stuff alone. Unfortunately I have not had the intestinal fortitude to resist this. I did get my PCMforless computer about a week ago. I had to do the security relearn 3 times before I got it started. Needless to say, my wife was not happy. She didn't talk to me for 2 days after this, but I did get to see both Game 7 of the ALCS/NLCS without any interruptions :devil:. She has since driven the truck and kinda understands, but there is that nagging warranty question...oops. After 25 years, you would think she would be used to this. She did tell me to keep my hands off her Camaro :dunno:

I am with you. I just can't leave stuff alone. Unfortunately I have not had the intestinal fortitude to resist this. I did get my PCMforless computer about a week ago. I had to do the security relearn 3 times before I got it started. Needless to say, my wife was not happy. She didn't talk to me for 2 days after this, but I did get to see both Game 7 of the ALCS/NLCS without any interruptions :devil:. She has since driven the truck and kinda understands, but there is that nagging warranty question...oops. After 25 years, you would think she would be used to this. She did tell me to keep my hands off her Camaro  :dunno:

Man I know. I am always looking for some way to make my gf's car faster to try to help me keep my hands out of my truck.

:devil: Gots to get my fix! :devil:

Soon will be exhaust, and a tune, but I am still holding out for now.

Archived