Picked up some ls3 heads

ric

If I get new ones, how do I know which ones to get. I should be able to use the same ones I have is that what youre saying.

Stock length is 7.400". The stock length should work for you, but it's good to check the length when the heads are on and everything is setup.

Don't use stock pushrods as a replacement, or use your old ones. Get some hardened pushrods.

• 3 months later...

Ok quick update on the ls3 heads I had bought a few months ago. Been busy at work hadn't had time to keep posted. Anywho I picked up and ls3 intake complete with throttle body for a good price ($250) . I really got it because of the throttle body, im not going to install the ls3 intake. I purchased the holley high ram from holley a few days ago so I should be getting that in a week or so. Now imma need help on how to get everything hooked up together when I decide to put it on (hopefully this summer). What vacuum ports do I plug up or what vacuum lines do I gotta run, what map sensor do I need and such and such since there is a few things that need to be modified to get this intake to work. Just wanna get everything ready now so I wont spend too much time trying to get her done when I start the install. Last resort I can take it to a performance shop to do everything but I prefer to work on it myself at home if possible. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

for the injectors, go big. if you plan on running gas go for some deka #60s. I've run them in both the L92 and the Hi Ram. they fit perfect in the Hi Ram on the tall setting, but will need some shimming on the L92 intake. if you want to go with ethanol, go #80 or bigger (might need to go bigger depending on your boost level). my reason for suggesting the dekas is because the data for them is readily available. tuning with them is much easier because of this.

your stock LQ9 pigtails are Multec ll type connectors. but adapting to other types isn't really a big problem, so don't let that be a breaking point to disregard a good injector.

best of luck and have fun man!

thanks again for that info man. Do you happen to have a part number for those Injectors, there are a few out there dont know which ones though. I went with the holley intake so now im just trying to gather everything I need so I can tackle it with no set backs. . Hopefully