WTB: NVG-149 to 4L80e T-case Input Gear Adapter

Jroc

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

PATC does NOT offer the same thing. They are adapting the larger diameter 4L80E shaft down to the smaller 4L60E size to fit the transfer case. Time2kill enlarges the bore in the transfer case input shaft to accept the larger 4l80e shaft thus retaining one of the benefits of using a 4l80e trans. If you use the patc kit, that will be the weak link of the trans. Not saying it won't work, but for higher horsepower applications and piece of mind the time2kill option is the way to go. It does require taking transfer case apart, so if that scares you or you don't want to pay someone to do it, then so be it. I have the time2kill modified transfer case input shaft and it works like a champ. While you're at it, but the trucool trans cooler mounts from him and install one of those also...I believe he makes that also if I'm not mistaken. *Drops mic.......

PATC just ordered mine here's the link http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4L60E_to_4L80E_Swap.htm

Just as wwd-mbtch said, they are adapting the output shaft down to a 60e size shaft. Unfortunately, the output shaft is the weak point. I've had quite a few people call me to order my gear because they broke their PATC shaft. I haven't heard of a SINGLE failure with my gear and I know of guys running 1600hp thru them. Been making them for 6 or 7 years now and 100% success record. I don't typically keep these in stock anymore since the demand has really dropped off, but it only takes about a week to get one made if you need it.

I make the tru-cool install brackets/kits as well.

Edited by Time2Kill (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...