Nitrous controllers

It's all going to depend on the size of shot you want and then whether you want a progressive control or just a WOT switch and window switch for safety... As far as the tune goes that also is a very vague question... That all depends on whether you are using your factory fuel system or are you using a completly different fuel cell and pump... To give you a real honest answer we need alot more info on what you are planning to do and mods you have or plan on having... I personally am going with a seperate fuel system just for my NO2 as to not strain my already straining fuel system... Since the nitrous will have its own fuel system and pump tuning will be primarily in the jetting of the pills rather than in the pcm itself ( I will be pulling some timing just to be safe and dial it back in once the system is up and operational) With the window switch and WOT switch both factors have to be met to start spraying the window switch will ensure NO2 won't spray until a certain RPM are met as well as the WOT switch not allowing spray until the skinny pedal is mashed to the floor... Just post your goals future goals, MODS, and shot size you are planning to do and we can give you a better answer...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a weekend toy I'd go with a NX safe system, MSD window switch, and a 10lbs nitrous system with purge... This is what you need minnimum...

Nitrous system- http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20934-10-ls-90mm-plate-system-w-10lb-bottle.html $720

Purge- http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15603-nitrous-purge-system-for-lightningiceman-solenoids.html $143

Bottle blanket and pressure gauge- http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15939-10-15lb-heavy-duty-fully-automatic-bottle-heater-d-4-w-gauge-14amps.html $289

NX SAFE- http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15003-safe-stand-alone-fuel-enrichment-system-external-pump-5-12psi-adjustable-regulator-gasoline.html $444

MSD Window- http://www.msdignition.com/Products/RPM/Timing_Controls/RPM_Controls/8969_-_Digital_RPM_Window_Switch.aspx about $150

-These are just what I have and would recommend solely based on opinion, but I am the kind of guy i dont want to take chances so I always want more than 1 safety measure... You can get away with most of that with a single 150 wet shot but why not safe than sorry...

lots of questions. iv put 200 threw my motor with no issues. I used a nos mini 2 progressive controller. Being your awd, i see no need in a progressive as you should not spin out the hole like i did. For timing, you have 3 options, lingenfelter makes a unit that will act as a timing retard, window switch, and progressive controller, all in one. Or you have the IAT resistor trick, or pull timing using tuning software, which IMO is the safest. I personally dont care for the SAFE system, as it is a high pressure system and there is simply no need for a standalone high pressure system. Trey hooked me up with a 1 gallon tank, holley blue pump, and regulator way cheaper than the safe system. Plus the pros: cheaper replacement parts, easier to tune in (adjusting fuel pressure), much simpler all around. With wanting to spray that much, a plate system would be your best bet for atomizing correctly. If you can find a TRICK window switch, theyre money but are no longer made. Stick with a simple window switch, a br7ef plug or br6ef if spraying a 150. Some C16 in a standalone with either plug will keep you way in the safe zone after pulling timing. The more simple the kit is, the more efficient it will be for you. Start with a simple kit and progress into something larger, start small and work your way up. Nitrous has a bad rep, but if used correctly is an amazing power adder. Any specific questions go ahead and ask. Nitrous express has great products as well as nitrous outlet.

lots of questions. iv put 200 threw my motor with no issues. I used a nos mini 2 progressive controller. Being your awd, i see no need in a progressive as you should not spin out the hole like i did. For timing, you have 3 options, lingenfelter makes a unit that will act as a timing retard, window switch, and progressive controller, all in one. Or you have the IAT resistor trick, or pull timing using tuning software, which IMO is the safest. I personally dont care for the SAFE system, as it is a high pressure system and there is simply no need for a standalone high pressure system. Trey hooked me up with a 1 gallon tank, holley blue pump, and regulator way cheaper than the safe system. Plus the pros: cheaper replacement parts, easier to tune in (adjusting fuel pressure), much simpler all around. With wanting to spray that much, a plate system would be your best bet for atomizing correctly. If you can find a TRICK window switch, theyre money but are no longer made. Stick with a simple window switch, a br7ef plug or br6ef if spraying a 150. Some C16 in a standalone with either plug will keep you way in the safe zone after pulling timing. The more simple the kit is, the more efficient it will be for you. Start with a simple kit and progress into something larger, start small and work your way up. Nitrous has a bad rep, but if used correctly is an amazing power adder. Any specific questions go ahead and ask. Nitrous express has great products as well as nitrous outlet.

Agreed ^^^^ Besides the SAFE system... They offer 2 systems one of which is for boosted apps and the other which you can use and I beleive the one I mentioned is a 12PSI adjustable max system so it would work perfect... IF boosted it all depends on which FI system you have... If it is a roots blower and boost builds at the intake a simple 12psi SAFE system is perfect... If it is a turbo or a centri style supercharger like a procharger or vortech then the boost is pressurized through the whole intake system then the pump will need to be higher than the 12psi system... (This is what NX EXPRESS told me)

• 4 weeks later...

Yes sir.

It took some phone calls and bribery to get it...... it is brand new in the unopened box too....

When I talked to Rick about the sensors he gave me a list of people to talk to and hooked me up with a few things he had on the shelf for it.

Can't wait to get it going.