TSP F-Body 1 7/8 Headers

Tyson1972

I have been doing some research on some other forum's and haved found out that these headers will fit on our trucks. The drive's side went on with out a problem and bolted up easy. The collector is canted towards the frame rail (outward) so I will need to have midpipes made for the headers anyway so its not a problem. The passenger side is a pain in the butt. The tranny lines are in the way and will need to bve rerouted. The headers is also hitting the frame around where the collector mieets the primary tubes. But all in all they fit well and look great. I am going to borrow a mig welder from a friend so I can get the 3 bolts that broke off in the heads (one in the driverside & two in the passenger side).

if i remember, the original OBX headers had the same issues. the fix was to take a 2x4 between the collector and frame and give it a tweak prying it enough to clear the frame. trans lines either relocate or use some exhaust heat wrap around the lines

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my TSP 1 7/8 F-Body Headers on with alittle modification. I have to notch the passenger side frame. I also have to install the 40K Tru-Cool trans cooler w/ braided hoses and AN fittings. It has been frustrating with the fact that I dont have a lift, mig welder or air compressor w/ air tools. Here are a few pics so far and I will upload more when Im closer to finishing these mods.

post-22540-0-14442900-1408916430_thumb.jpg

post-22540-0-51332000-1408916505_thumb.jpg

post-22540-0-18678800-1408916512_thumb.jpg

post-22540-0-14665300-1408916618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tyson1972 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Ok so I didn't really need to notch the frame, but I had to reroute the trans lines. Since I installed a TruCool 40K trans cooler. I went ahead and bought some braided hose and fittings to install it with and the headers fit perfectly. I know need to pull the passenger header and weld the frame notch back up. Now my transmission needs to be rebuild because is slipping and wont shift into 2nd without me letting of the throttle so it can.

Not digging on what your doing here, but why go through all the work and hassle to make these fit when you can buy 1 7/8 headers that are already made for these trucks?

this!?!? and now you have a totaled truck since the frame has been hacked up. the effort is great but there are so many different options out there for headers that fit like a glove.

I do not have a totaled truck I notched the frame just like when people notch their frame to go lower. I ordered these headers because I'm not paying the prices Kooks, ARH & Stainless Works wants for their headers. For there prices I could buy a set of Lemon's custom made headers which are by far more superior then the other three. Also the Pacesetters 1 7/8 headers have that ugly ass smog port on them. I used the TSP because I like the stainless product but won't pay the big three's prices. I really don't care if people "dig" what I'm doing. I am trying to save money, raise a family & go fast.

Why is it on this site everyone judges each other on what they do to there own trucks. What every happened to minding your own business or moving on if your not down with some one else's ideas? I cut 3 silts in my frame and pushed the metal in, I have pulled it back out and welded it back up. How is that any different then some one with a G-Body cutting the rear frame rails and recessing them to make room for wider rims? If your not interested in a little fabrication then maybe you need to move on from hot rodding because that's what it's all about.

I like the headers. I'm getting the smaller ones put on as I type. Just as an FYI though. Anytime the frame is cut, I think the insurance then counts the car as totaled. I could be wrong but I think that's what those guys were getting at.

I agree about the headers they look great they fit good I just had to run different transmission lines. The frame was cut a little bit and move probably 2" x 3" x 3". I understand what they're saying about the frame being cut and insurance companies saying that I was told but that's in regards to an accident or the frame is bent the frame really wasn't bent it was just pushed and pulled her back out to same thing like going like I said going into the notching the frame for lowering the trucks. I specifically called my insurance company which is USAA and asked about the laws North Carolina and they said it was perfectly fine as long as it wasn't a structural damage from the accident.

Edited by Tyson1972 (see edit history)