SS low?

JAG

I like my new truck a lot but it's not very low in my opinion. My old truck is a Dakota R/T and that is 26.5" at the tailgate and the Chevy is 33". According to the spec's on the Chevy website it's 30.7", I think. I wish it was lower so it wouldn't be so hard to put motorcycles in the back. I haven't tried it yet but I'm not looking forward to doing that because I know it's going to be impossible without a step or a long ramp. I would lower it but I'd be afraid to mess up the handling and ride quality.

Stay tuned here. I am sure there are a few guys who will be lowering theirs soon. In fact, I am surprised how high it is too. It is kind of tempting to try playing with the torsion bar adjusters and see what an inch lower looks like. And to get it level again, some shackles on the rear.

It would be nice not to have such a big step down coming out of the cab, bu I don't want to be so low that I am scraping driveways and things.

.  In fact, I am surprised how high it is too.  It would be nice not to have such a big step down coming out of the cab, bu I don't want to be so low that I am scraping driveways and things.

After owning Ford and Chevy 4X4's, the SS is plenty low enough for me. Each to his own, just my 2 cents. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told a 1" front drop can easily be done with the torsion bars and a set of hangers in the rear for a mild drop. I plan to drop the front and see what it looks like. I'd prefer the front to be a bit lower anyway. Short legs!

A note of interest, I measured the height of the front end today and found one side to be a bit higher than the other. Left higher than the right.

Galen

Archived