If you needed yet another reason to avoid drive-thru car washes...

Just a quick backstory:

Had to run to the local home improvement store this past weekend. Stopped to get gas when I was leaving, and the station had one of the drive-thru washes that so many of them have. As I filled up and was driving away, I couldn't help but notice the somewhat startling condition of the brushes in the wash bay:

A3378432-CB91-46ED-9956-201FC3A6BD32_zps

Of course, the first thought that crossed my mind, and I'm sure the same as all of you, was "STAY AWAY!!!"

However, I have some prototype goods at home that need some testing. Because of this, I made a sacrifice for the greater good, and $8, much gnashing of teeth, and about 90 seconds of tears later, here is what my paint looked like in the bright sun later that day:

BBC0D6D4-8177-4293-906C-8C849E76C5F9_zps

And the following morning in different light:

07788A1C-7065-4357-BC8C-A823CC382A3A_zps

B170AE9A-5FCF-4CF5-BD35-B52E9EB07039_zps

In the interest of full disclosure, my paint was not perfect before hand, but I'd say 95%+. Since the last correction, I've done 2 2-bucket washes and 3 Rinseless Washes on it. Being black, there was a light amount of wash damage that could be seen. However, the amount of damage that this single wash inflicted upon it was pretty shocking, wouldn't you agree?!?

i fel your pain, i live in an apartment and dont have the ability to handwash, however the automatic wash io go too is ran by a good friend, its fairly new and they swap all the wash fabics out monthly i think everytime i use it they look new but it still leaves marks