I got a question on TorquerV2 cam??!!!

Alright I want to cam my SS and heard the torquerV2 is a good cam for a lq9! All I have is a tune, long tube pace setter headers with full 3inch true dual exhaust all the way to the back, volant CAI. All stock internals. It's Awd and I'm gonna get a 3800-4000 circle D stall with it.

Now my cousine had the same set up and apparently the push rods were touching his pistons, and messed his pistons up. I have no idea if something went wrong on the install or he was sold bad stuff. So my question is will it be fine if I just buy everything legit and install the right way. And I'm going to buy everything off texas speed as a kit l. 7.400 push rods double or single springs, and the cam of course.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have been talking to Augustburns. He's stuck on the V2 it's the best cam in the world blahhh blahhh. Push rods are right. I see no reason in going double springs. If it's your DD that's a big converter. If I went that big I'd leave my truck a track truck play toy. If your stuck on the set up your talking about I'd do some heads and an intake as well. Your def gonna have to nail the tune down so it will drive right.

That cam is not that big to worry about ptv clearance unless you get bigger push rods and rockers so to speak. Id say its a good cam for someone who has a 3200 stall or a 3600. If you really are gonna get that size converter consider a bigger cam. I have a 235 243 621 624 113 LSr cam that is badass but only with a tbss intake or lsxrt the stock intake will be choking that thing. Of course with every cam you will need to upgrade injectors so when you do that consider the intakes as well. 7.4 push rods 650 lift springs and Cam . . .

Dont listen to these guys they are slow lol and ride each other to the end. True a push rod doesnt touch the pistons only valves do in bad cases

Sounds good be sure to save up for ported 243s or you will be very dissapointed after bolting on stock 243s and not the ls3 intake the ls6 intake is what you mean

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

Dont listen to these guys they are slow lol and ride each other to the end. True a push rod doesnt touch the pistons only valves do in bad cases

Sounds good be sure to save up for ported 243s or you will be very dissapointed after bolting on stock 243s and not the ls3 intake the ls6 intake is what you mean

Isn't this the dude that has a SS that runs 10's in the 1/4 but refuses to show track times??? :blahblah::jerk:

Isn't this the dude that has a SS that runs 10's in the 1/4 but refuses to show track times??? :blahblah::jerk:

Yeap lil DB. Guy knows it all. Just like all kids lol. He just likes to spew crap when he don't know what the hell he's talking about. Kids like him are the ones that have ruined the site.

Ha riiiight more like all the bangwagon guys riding together ruining the site because they all cant come up with their own setup they all need someone to make it for them. Dont be jealous JC

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)