Matt's Magnacharger MP122 Install/Build

BlueAKSSS

WTF does this mean! Lol!! Your just scared. And you should be. My motor is sitting in my shop now. Just waiting. I am getting closer everyday. It is going to be scary!!

I can't wait to get to Palmer. So much that I bought something last night. Just to come down there Matt. 7adumury.jpg

And not the pickup either. Lol.

You guys crack me up...

Nice car trailer I assume?? That Trucks not included? Haha

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys crack me up...

Nice car trailer I assume?? That Trucks not included? Haha

Yes sir! Car trailer is to get the SS to the track. And, that is my wife's pickup, with a 6.2 in it. That thing is awesome. I think it is probably just as fast or faster than her TBSS.

Yes sir! Car trailer is to get the SS to the track. And, that is my wife's pickup, with a 6.2 in it. That thing is awesome. I think it is probably just as fast or faster than her TBSS.

Isn't that a pretty rare option to have the 6.2L in a regular Silverado or did you put it in there?

Looks awesome, Matt! Lol, seeing you just slap that thing on there without any farting around just makes my itch to do the same even worse!

Thanks! It was definetly a quick install, pretty much one a days work.

In other news I drove the truck about 200 miles this weekend out to Big Lake and back, seems to run really good. My wideband died but it turned out to be a wiring issue so I fixed that for the return trip. I also think the tune still needs some tweaks to get it just right as I didn't get into boost much at all except for a couple times and it seems to be sucking gas down quick! Guesstimating like 10 mpg highway? I'm imagining that it should still get decent-ish mileage for highway driving and obviously city will be down from stock. No complaints about the tune at all though, Zippy is doing an AMAZING job as usual, super quick response he's onto the 7th revision and it runs sweet. I'll get a video soon!

When it does get into boost it seemed to be running about 10.9-11.5 afr which I would imagine is perfect, Justin had me scared when he mentioned anything above 11.8 in boost is bad news!

Isn't that a pretty rare option to have the 6.2L in a regular Silverado or did you put it in there?

We ordered her truck. The only way to get a 6.2 in the half ton was to get the max trailer package with the Ltz trim. She wanted a denal pickup and this is basically the same thing, but it has selectable 2wd/4wd.

Great video Matt! I bet its much more fun to drive! 6psi ain't bad for starters. Pulley to 10psi and get a set of 80s :lol:

Sounds great too! Love that blower whine. Hopefully I'll be able to cruise the highwys of anchorage here before too long.

Great video Matt! I bet its much more fun to drive! 6psi ain't bad for starters. Pulley to 10psi and get a set of 80s :lol:

Sounds great too! Love that blower whine. Hopefully I'll be able to cruise the highwys of anchorage here before too long.

Thanks Brandon! I do have a 2.8 front pulley.... lol but that's probably just a good way to break stuff on my worn out truck hahaha

I'll have to run this out by the track sometime when a test and tune is going on and see what it will do over a stock SS time.

Looks and sounds like she pulls great Matt. I am very Jealous. I too am curous what your track times will be with how its set Up. Its gotta be a high 13 sec truck No?

This is the first time I really read the whole build post and then watched the video. Truck looks very nice and is in excellent shape considering where you live. Shouldn't take much more tuning and it'll be a hell of a runner. One thing you have with that unit is that even though it is the old technology there is plenty available to improve it. Supersub now makes a phenolic spacer for them, rear pulley upgrade kit, front pulley upgrade kit, and has in the past made a 102mm throttle body upgrade for it. All 4 are items that make the blower more efficient, cooler, and reliable. The spacer keeps the heat down and efficiency up. The rear pulley kit allows you to spin the blower faster without having to have a smaller front pulley. A small front pulley tends to bring pulley slip so changing the rears lets you keep the larger front pulley and still make more boost. The larger throttle body swap also brings the boost up without changing any pulley at all effectively making it more efficient. Last but not least if I recall he makes a kit to install the newer 4 bolt pulley up front which allows for a pulley change without having to press the pulley on and off. You simply take the belt off, pull the 4 bolts out, and swap the pulley. Not trying to be a sales person for him, just making you aware of options to bring more fun into it.

On a side note, big props to your wife for the 6.2 truck. Those are very rare and extremely cool. They are so rare in fact that when the 2014 truck came out with the 6.2L it was the first time GM advertised it and they made it sound like it was the first time they'd offered a 6.2L in the truck. At 403hp they scoot pretty well (58 more than a stock SSS). Ready to tune it? LOL

On a side note, big props to your wife for the 6.2 truck. Those are very rare and extremely cool. They are so rare in fact that when the 2014 truck came out with the 6.2L it was the first time GM advertised it and they made it sound like it was the first time they'd offered a 6.2L in the truck. At 403hp they scoot pretty well (58 more than a stock SSS). Ready to tune it? LOL

I think you are talking about my wife's truck? Lol. That pickup is awesome. The 6.2 gets better fuel mileage than any other gm truck I have ever owned. I waited 3 months for this truck to come in. My wife didn't want to get rid of her TBSS, but I was tired of the front axle seals goin out. Once she drive it, she was hooked!

We can work on tuning it, once we are done with my truck. Can't have the wife being faster than me!