2003 SSS cam swap questions

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one hope the kid makes his low 12 pass NA on a stock short block. He's gonna need the right tire, suspension, gearing, and torque converter all working together with his motor to get him a killer 60' if he is going to have chance. It probably won't be the most street friendly thing either but hey he'll show all you guys. The sad thing is once it's all done if he gets there he probably could have gotten a used Maggie, be able to run the same ET, while getting better gas mileage, still be able to tow, and have a perfectly street friendly truck for less. lol

I for one hope the kid makes his low 12 pass NA on a stock short block. He's gonna need the right tire, suspension, gearing, and torque converter all working together with his motor to get him a killer 60' if he is going to have chance. It probably won't be the most street friendly thing either but hey he'll show all you guys. The sad thing is once it's all done if he gets there he probably could have gotten a used Maggie, be able to run the same ET, while getting better gas mileage, still be able to tow, and have a perfectly street friendly truck for less. lol

Now were talking lol. Your right bro for sure.

If I am boosted and I ain't running 10s I would be very dissapointed because those people with the 12 second supercharged truck would be running a stock vette and still get taken on the street.

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

I just wanna run mid to low 13's my best was 14.6 so far with arh longs and Corsa sport

No tune yet I would like to stall cam and tune it I just love the sound of the chunk a chunk even if fi is faster

You already know 14.3. This next time it should be mid 12s

I don't think your gonna run mid 12's you have to be realistic when it comes to racing it's all about power to weight ratio SSS are fat girls who run track lol it takes a lot of gas in the ass to make em haul down the 1/4 but when supercharged there street 60 foot killers

Also forced induction is 99.9% more power and faster when racing on street legal trucks

I just wanna run mid to low 13's my best was 14.6 so far with arh longs and Corsa sport

No tune yet I would like to stall cam and tune it I just love the sound of the chunk a chunk even if fi is faster

man my truck must suck I got more mods than u and I just runned a 15.72. ARH headers, borla muffler, e-fans, msd wires and tr6 plugs, ect. What the hell am I doing wrong? I think I should be around 14.5! I think I'm going to put in a 3600 stall and see where that puts me. I do think the track timer thing was off tho. I watched a 12 second car runs a 13.5. That I've seen at another track. Edited by coal miner (see edit history)

man my truck must suck I got more mods than u and I just runned a 15.72. ARH headers, borla muffler, e-fans, msd wires and tr6 plugs, ect. What the hell am I doing wrong? I think I should be around 14.5! I think I'm going to put in a 3600 stall and see where that puts me. I do think the track timer thing was off tho. I watched a 12 second car runs a 13.5. That I've seen at another track.

Biggest questions are, are you tuned and what's your DA? With a car running 12s at another track then 13.5 there it sounds like some pretty crappy weather.

I know you'll get mid 13s with a cam, stall, intake, exhaust and tune. I did it at 2400 DA and 290 000km on the truck.

I want to know what y'all are all going to say when I run 12s?

ummm congratulations is what I'd say, but I don't think ill be saying that anytime soon. I'm sorry man, I just don't see it happening. You have the DA apparently. But I don't think you'll get mid 12s goal as you were saying earlier on in this thread. You MIGHT just scrape high 12s. But I think to get your mid 12s you'll need a serious set of heads, and a mid 4000rpm stall... Oh and juuuust the right cam.

I want to know what y'all are all going to say when I run 12s?

I would say congrats, I personally would like to see more of these trucks run 12's cam only. But your attitude is something else.

I saw you mentioned that your running a fast intake, ls3 tb, cam, what other mods do you have? Or better yet what all mods did you have when you ran your personal best of 14.3 and was the 60' and D/A on that pass?

And what mods do you plan to add or change when you try and make a 12 second pass?

I don't have an attitude how can you tell if I have a attitude when we are talking via the internet? I have 102 fast, ported 243s, big cam, 4000 circle d converter and maybe, . . . MAYBE some of those race star truck wheels since they would take off like 200lbs and shorten the gears by just a bit. Future mods are lighter rims, spray, e fans, tranny cooler fan, meth and more spray but I am also considering a different route such as a high compression 6.2 aluminum block with ported l92s 65cc chambers and milled a bit with a nice intake and spray for those cammed vettes

With the old pass I had none of the supporting mods for the cam and a small stall the cam will work great with a bit more compression so I got 243s and bigger injectors and a 3600 stall but never took it to the track again now I have a circle d c5 4000 - 4200 stall that left me plenty of room to grow. 60ft was a 2.2 I believe but before the LSXRT when I had ported 243s big cam and tbss intake with 3600 stall I raced this guy with a 427LSX crate motor on low compression on a 150 pill and we were literally dead even until 2rd gear he's also AWD xcab 2012 GMC sierra he ran a consistent 12 flat wwhenhe passed me on the street run I'd say I was about a late or mid 12s run but now I have the LSXRT and a bigger stall than those runs so that's why I am hoping to break the record on race gas but you guys are really thinking otherwise.