2003 SSS cam swap questions

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My truck runs 14.6@93 with k&n cai ARH long tubes and corsa sport

It's not tunes yet I would like to put a 3000 stall with cam and efans and 160 stat I think that should put me down in the 1/4

Its also my dd when I cant ride my bike

This is what I have 3k stall efans 160 tstat. I always am in the low 1.81 to 1.85 in the 60ft. So even with the 3k it gets off the line really well. These trucks like a good stall. If I had it to do again I would prob go 3200-3400.

• 3 weeks later...

My truck runs 14.6@93 with k&n cai ARH long tubes and corsa sport

It's not tunes yet I would like to put a 3000 stall with cam and efans and 160 stat I think that should put me down in the 1/4

Its also my dd when I cant ride my bike

my truck is constantly running 15.5 @88. with LT headers, k&n cai, borla muffler. i cant figure out why mine is running so slow.

If there's any hope of you beating him with the that small stall man its the torquer v2! Lol

You're are ridiculous man.

my truck is constantly running 15.5 @88. with LT headers, k&n cai, borla muffler. i cant figure out why mine is running so slow.

I ran 16.1 stock. Don't worry about it. It's you'r DA.

Wow who's faster?

Excuse me? I think you should read your response again... It's extremely, uneducated. For reference:

If there's any hope of you beating him with the that small stall man its the torquer v2! Lol

You're telling him to go to a big cam because it'll make lots of torque down low for his small stall?! Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

That's just the name of it lol. It's a high revving cam. That's why it works so well with the larger stall the power comes in later. Just like Pauls cam and my cam. Like stated by zippy the your cam is pretty big. Don't need all that cam with minor mods it will never work to potential.

Its called the torquer for a reason. Canadian what do you know?

Well I have a 4 year mechanical trade (millwright) from the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology with 5 years experience, and have recently started another trade (automotive). But that's not what's important. What is important, is understanding the basics of how it works. The bigger you go, the higher up you move your powerband. Jason has a 224/230 and I'm running a 224/228 and I don't have a high enough stall for it (only 3200, but actually stalls at 3000). I'm wishing I went with a 3600 because my cam is TOO BIG for my stall. A V2 appropriately stalled would be in the 4000 stall area because our trucks are so damn big and heavy.

Like Jason said, it's just a name. If McDonalds came out with the "McHealthy" would you believe them? It's been proven that smaller cam will produce.