99-07 4WD Front Coilover Conversion

Atomic

Ride quality is much improved, especially if you compare to a similar height lowered setup. It should only take about an hour or two to install with the uppers taking the majority of the time. Total swap shouldnt be more than $750 or so depending on parts and where you buy.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok so I got the new new uppers in and tacked them together to mock up. Literally moved it as far over as I could. It gained approximately 3/4" of an inch more clearance from the UCA and raises the mounting point 3/4" from using the procomp adapter. The only bad thing is these will not work with the factory shocks, so if you decided to go back to stock you will need to remove these first. These should let lowered guys use the next size up in shock, or go approximately 1.5" lower.

20141104_204635Custom_zps8ac2d749.jpg

20141104_204901Custom_zps82e47c60.jpg

I dont have them fully welded yet or powdercoated, but hope to by the end of the week. I would really like someone that has a 6" lift to test these before I order more to make sure they work. I only bought enough to make 3 sets. PM me if you have a 6" lift and want to try them, and Ill give you a discount ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I frequently get the most questions regarding what shock and spring to use, so I made a spreadsheet to try and simplify the process. I attached it to this email. Feel free to PM me if this doesn't fully answer any question you have, but it should give you a good idea.

Let me know what you guys think!

I still have sets for sale! PM me if you want some!

Thanks,
Richard

Shock-Spring.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Edit: I updated my PDFs to include details on the lifted-style upper mounts. This is the same document as before with some additions to include more information.

• 3 weeks later...

Well with all stock componenets its generally a 3-4" drop, but the swap can be combined a drop spindle to go a little lower. Its not going to be slammed but the cv will be pretty negative.

• 7 months later...

I updated the links in the first post and also added an updated spreadsheet I made to help pick out shocks and springs. I am still making these so let me know if anyone is interested via a PM here or shoot me an email at rkwayne at gmail dot com. Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I do still make these brackets and I finally made a website. You can order directly through there, or email me at [email protected] and I can get you taken care of! I also offer custom aluminum tanks and remote tuning if you are interested. My website is www.atomicfabandperformance.com

I just wanted to let everyone know that I do still make these brackets and I finally made a website. You can order directly through there, or email me at [email protected] and I can get you taken care of! I also offer custom aluminum tanks and remote tuning if you are interested. My website is www.atomicfabandperformance.com

Bookmarked :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/4/2017 at 7:32 AM, 1981evildisco said:

Go to his website lol

I know this is an ancient post but still a current product, don't think I've seen his site linked here so after hunting it down it's https://www.atomicfabandperformance.com

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)