99-07 4WD Front Coilover Conversion

Atomic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank guys, im shooting for a 5.99 this season if I ever find time to make some changes. Might have to put it on a diet to get there, weighs right at 5000lb with me in it right now, could loose a couple hundred pretty easy.

It rides suprising well too, except when I have the traction bars in the rear turned up. Im thinking about making a coilover type setup for the rear.

I know myself and Justin really wanna do this mod. Just gotta get other things done first. Ill probably order up a kit August/September. And if for any reason you decide to stop making these, let us know so I have the chance to pick one up.

I am going to do this Richard. I am just trying to finish putting my motor in and get my truck running again.

Forced inductions is takin forever to ship my turbo. And we only have like a month and a half of summer left up here in Alaska.

-edit my plan is to do this over the winter.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

Here's a question i have. Would this affect getting an alignment done? I ask because i have a lifetime alignment through Tires Plus and since i just did a 3/3 drop i was concerned they wouldnt do the alignment. They did, but said since it was basically the exact same components it didnt void the warranty. But any modified parts then they wont do it. Even those upper arm adjustable ball joints (which i dont have anyway) would be considered "modified" and then void the warranty. This doesnt appear to really affect alignment, but i thought i'd ask about it.

**EDIT** I would have been very very interested in this if I hadnt just done the 3/3 drop. I think its probably the cats ass!

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

I had mine aligned at a local shop. I told them it was modified but once they got it on the lift they laughed at said no kidding lol. There is still room to get to the camber adjustment nuts/bolts so it aligns just like stock. The first tech didnt want to do it, but another more adventurous tech did it just fine.

Yea I think everyone so far has used QA1, but others should work since they are all about the same size. The important part is 1/2" ID hole for the mount, and 2.5" springs.

I just took mine off this weekend after ~2200 miles for inspection and they look perfect.