shift points with cam

picked me up some hpt magic the other day, question i have is that I noticed my current tune has my shiftpoints at 6,000 rpm. here are my cams specs: 227 236 .613 .578 113+3 with a tbss intake, arp rod bolts and head studs, btr spring kit, yank ss3600 and built 60e. should I spin this cam higher than the 6000 rpm limit its set at now? and is there a fuel cut-off I have to adjust as well?

You can start small and work your way up... If you set the shift rpms and speed up for a 6200 shift in the tune you should be shifting in real time around 6300-6400... just remeber that there is a slight lag when setting shift points because 2 parameters must be met before it will shift RPM + MPH... Anything past 7000RPM on stock bolts will be advisable to replace with ARP...

i can see in the tune where commanded shift rpm is, but i dont see the mph part. im assuming it calculates itself off of tire size, trans gearing, and rear gearing? iv got the arp2000's installed so im not scared of letting her sing. but im gonna play with it a little and see if I pick up anything from pass to pass.

iv been trying to find that damn paper for 3 days with no luck :fart: but heres a dyno sheet only to 6400-6500. seems to dip a tiny bit and start comming up. i set my shifts at 6600 and 6800 and it feels so much faster. pulls great up top. i still have some part throttle cruising to dial in along with maybe adding another 1-2* of timing to get a tiny more out of it as im only at 27* currently. but it feels much better. i think i might leave them where they currently are and make a pass then adjust and see if I pick up mph or et. if not leave or back it down.

6D63F5F9-F50C-44FB-AADE-69C6E484F7C1_zps

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

12.2 @ 113 with a 1.9 60ft on the 200 but this was with 6000 rpm shift points. N/a she's a dog even with 27* timing, she was 13.9 with a 1.9 60ft. My setup loves the bottle. I wish I could net something a little better n/a tho. I have all the logs if anyone cares to look.

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

flex fuel's im at 75% at heaviest loads. I feel a few things are holding me back, my intake tube gets heat soaked so quick its sad. I still run the factory 20's up front so some 17X7's will help a lot with weight. I also didnt remove my rear seat or tailgate or switch to a roll pan yet. I gained .10 with adding 1* of timing and saw no knock whatsoever. The track was rushing us so we didnt have time to pull plugs and read them. I need to get a few more sets, then I can dial it in. we need to get the suspension working better. it should be pulling 1.7's atleast. I have a lot left on the table. Hell, this is a stock longblock with a cam and tbss intake. I think i need a bigger stall, something like a 4k and super vic should pick me up some time as well.

i can see in the tune where commanded shift rpm is, but i dont see the mph part.

I'm sure you figured this out already, but the mph per gear is under the trans settings.

You should be a ton faster on motor only and even more on the bottle. That isn't a shot at you or your truck, you have the parts to go much faster from what I've seen. You do have a rather big cam though which just goes to show that nitrous can fix a cam that doesn't work well.

LOL, Did you really post that your setup really loves nitrous??? Find me one out there that doesn't work well with nitrous.