Upgrade help

Depends on what you want.

All I have is some minor bolt ons and I feel that these mods could be suited for anyone, even if they don't want to much. And I haven't lost much driveability other then the stall (if you wanna call is a lost).

Either have your trans built (its one of the first things that'll go), or add a shift kit and servos to give it more life, and a cooler.

Air intake, TBSS intake manifold, TB spacer (lmao Jk), stall (your choice on your needs), LT's without cats (preferably) and the rest of the exhaust is up you based on preference. These to me were the cheapest mods that gave me the most results for the least amount of money, not neccisarly hp to dollor but performance to dollar, the best bang for buck. And just recently I added an Xlink which cost $225 and gives me zero hp and an UDP aswell, these are the more expensive parts to me that are probably gonna give the least performance, but it'll complete some of the last bolt on's. If you can afford a cam, get one spec'd to your needs and goals, and with all that I think you should have a nice performer and you should be happy for awhile.... Untill you want more which will always be the case with modding lol

good luck and do spend a lot searching to figure out what your needs and expectations are out of your truck.

Why in the world does everyone on here recommend a supercharger!? Why not have that badass sound of a cam and maybe throw a stall in with it and some transmission mods? Cam kit $600 stall $600-$750 shift kit, corvette servo transmission cooler $250-$300. So far 1650 plus money for labor if you're not going to do it yourself or with a buddy. I prefer a torquer v2 cam and a 3600 stall from yank, circle d, edge, PI there all good converters with those mods the truck will be running badass from a dig and a low roll! Oh plus tune $250ish probably less. And if you feel you want more go with the tbss intake, 42lb-46lb injectors, ls2 90mm throttle body, and xlink. total for that would be around another 1000 and you will really be pulling hard. Then you done spent around 3000

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

If you pull I'd say also a 112 Maggie a 26-2800 stall upgrade the tranny trans cooler new tune and you can be close to 4k. You will make great hp and still be able to tow and keep it cool. Best bang for your Buck all day.

Why in the world does everyone on here recommend a supercharger!? Why not have that badass sound of a cam and maybe throw a stall in with it and some transmission mods? Cam kit $600 stall $600-$750 shift kit, corvette servo transmission cooler $250-$300. So far 1650 plus money for labor if you're not going to do it yourself or with a buddy. I prefer a torquer v2 cam and a 3600 stall from yank, circle d, edge, PI there all good converters with those mods the truck will be running badass from a dig and a low roll! Oh plus tune $250ish probably less. And if you feel you want more go with the tbss intake, 42lb-46lb injectors, ls2 90mm throttle body, and xlink. total for that would be around another 1000 and you will really be pulling hard. Then you done spent around 3000

He asked for opinions. Just because everyone's opinion does not match your own doesn't mean it's not valid. There are a lot of guys here with a very good amount of experience with these trucks.

My opinion would be to go with a used MP112. As stated before it is your best bang for the buck. A maggie is a very simple install. The hardest part is the fuel pump. You wont be getting 100hp for $2500 with a cam.

Why not have the badass sound of a supercharger whine LOL... Or if he does the work himself he can easily be in the 4K mark with a supercharger, cam and trans mods... Just because the cam sounds badass doesnt mean it will perform as good as a supercharger plus a supercharger will have just as good of if not better drivability but then again its all in the tune...