Towing with 2800 stall

Like the title says. I want to do a more aggressive stall in my truck but really can't get to crazy because I need this truck for towing. I'm luging around 5,500+ and I normally keep it around 60-80. Do you guys think that this stall would be ok? If I could I'd do a 3200 as well. I have tried to look it up but haven't found really what I'm looking for. Hard to find specifics with this truck set up. Thanks in advance.

Donavon

• 2 weeks later...

3200 stall converter maybe too much. ...I used to have a 2800 stall and it was great just ran little hotter around 180 ..And I was towing a 6,000 boat

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

All I do with my truck is tow and I have a 2600 stall and it acts nearly like stock. Not the same I know, but should be pretty close. Manners may be slightly different with your motor setup vs mine. I use a B&M cooler.

The important part is who you buy one through and what it is built based on. Don't try it with a 9.5" for example. Do a 10.5" with a really strong clutch and make sure the pcm tuning is spot on. With all of that correct you can tow heavy loads, just keep a light foot until the lockup has occured and use a big cooler.