03 Silverado ss torque converter any help?

My Silverado ss now has 70'000 miles the torque converter is getting week looking to Chang it out all my truck has a programmer/cold air/flow masters that's it ! No tune yet due to all the awd dynos are 4 hr from the house. Just looking for any input to just bump up a little I hear of a I-6 would that be good for a close to stock truck ? What part numbers etc any help would be great . I don't haul much at all my atv twice in 2 years!

How do you know your converter is failing? Skip is I-6 go straight to a real converter. 3200-3400 seems to be the norm with guys around here. A larger cooler should be installed as well. But first 100% identify the converter as the culprit before throwing parts at it.

I would contact Zippy or another tuner associated with this forum and talk over your mods with them and order a tune. I have a few mods on my truck and a tune but have never been to a dyno. You won't get the full benefit from any mods done to the engine until the tune is tweeked for them.

Unless you are certain that your converter is going bad, I am with Steve don't just start throwing parts at it.

Has a shutter at 70 when I let off the gas goes away only at that point and seems to have not as much power as when I first bought it. Doggy up hills or when hauling. I'm going on lots of trips with the truck don't want to sit! The tranny is stock don't want to see things fly lololol so a I-6 is just a bump up from what's stock in a 03 awd ss I'm 90 present sure it's the torque converter . I had ruled out u joints tires are new road forced balanced ! Plugs wires just changed . Also must add truck has all power when cold but after it warms up starts to lose power on hills etc tranny filter and new fluid had no change ! Was done 2 weeks ago.

Is this the part number for the i6 that will fit my 03 ss 24228708 ?

It has been quite a while since I've ordered a GM version, but that does sound correct. If you want to make sure call your local dealer that you get your GM parts from and give them a vin for an 03' Trailblazer with the 4.2 I6. You can find the vin easily by searching ebay for that specific type of vehicle.

Thanks bud talked to the local tyranny shop going to hook up to scanner and run her to read what the to is doing after hearing what you all are saying I'm going to make sure be for putting 600 in it! Will keep ya updated

• 2 weeks later...