Keep Your Guard Up, Theives Still Want Our Trucks!!!

dcairns

Just a reminder, our trucks are still popular with thieves! After 11 years of ownership, I had the unwelcome surprise of coming back from the grocery store to my SS, to find that some jerk had come within seconds of making off with my SS. He must have been spooked by another shopper in the parking lot or saw us coming out of the store. He knew how to get this far, so I am sure he knew how to finish the job and be gone. The tow truck driver said the SS trucks are popular with thieves these days, as there seems to be an active trucking scene with low lifes who don't care where their parts come from.

I never cease to be amazed how bad the security on modern cars is. In any event, I am thankful to still have my SS and only be out my $100 deductible, although I would rather have that money in my pocket. Needless to say, I will be investing in some countermeasures. I saw a German Sheppard in the back seat of another car in the parking lot, and it is looking like a good idea. I wonder what my cat would thing.... :wink:

Passenger side door, lock cylinder pushed in and opened, probably with a screwdriver.

IMG_5892.jpg

Steering column cracked open, and looks like a screw driver with good leverage was used on the lock .

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

The tow truck driver said the SS trucks are popular with thieves these days, as there seems to be an active trucking scene with low lifes who don't care where their parts come from.

Yeah we have all known this a long time here in SoCal

Also make sure to park within view of 2 seperate companies cctv's. The restaurant owner would not let me see his tapes (he was in on the job) but the restaurant next door (that likes me a lot) showed me their cctv's and confirmed what I had thought. They wanted money, not the truck.

Blown ss/t I need to be in contact as this is a new venture I want to do.

Dave, sorry to hear of your misfortune....I say...let's get a rope and string em up! I am glad to hear you still have your SS after all these years! I still have mine, have just under 62k on the odo now.

Thanks for all the comments. I did not have any alarm or anything, so that is going to have to change. I mostly wanted to remind everyone who is like me, thinking I live in a safe enough area not to worry about it. And to show just how easy it is for a thief to get in.

Sorry to hear bud, but at least you still have it. Mine went missing almost 3 weeks ago now, alarm on and armed and they still got it. Right out of my driveway early in the morning, not a peep from the alarm just the thieves ripping up the road.