Too much duration?

Believe me its gonna move judging from what y'all are saying I'll be happy to just land mid 12s with the 4k stall but I am expecting low 12s and with race 109 and pump gas mix maybe a bit lower idk we will find out circle d c5 stall is being built and should get here sometime at the end of this month ooooohh man I am so ready to run this thing I have gotten quite a bit of mods since my 14.3 pass quite a bit! I am gonna upload these videos of the ss vs a 76mm turbo single cab and the ss vs a cammed trans am

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

I see my post went a long way. Every time someone finds a cam they like from someone else's results like to make it a big deal. If I had a dollar for everytime I hear "that xxx cam makes big power, xxx made blah, blah, blah from it". Years back Matt Walls ran a 12.3 with a 150 shot that wasn't tuned in and a pcm that was far from a top notch tune. The cam he was running was a 212/218. Hell he even ran a 13.5 N/A with it using a TB converter. That is a good batch of results, but doesn't make it the ideal cam. I have a friend with a Vette I helped with his build and tuned the car running a 416 with TFS235's and Vortech blower. That made 918RWHP and 1064 with a 52 jet (which by the book is only a 100 shot). The cam is a 227/243. I wouldn't go and tell a bunch of others to use that cam because it may not be right for that application. To say a cam is good because this truck runs 11.xx with that cam and oh yeah it has spray is simply rediculous. Nitrous can fix many poor cam choices just as boost can. Even more many cam choices dyno very well and yet don't work well at the track because they simply aren't correct for the application. Cam choice must work together with the whole setup and if it doesn't you get the all talk no action cam. I've dyno'd 5.3's with much bigger cams that my truck has for example and have seen them make a whopping 6rwhp more with so much loss in low rpm torque that they only slow the truck down. As for your truck August, I'm with JC03SS post up a track time that backs up your claims. Show me a track time with the V2 that is impressive on motor only. Show us a track time with your truck that smokes the times others have ran with smaller cams.

On the actual topic posted at hand I still stand by my post and this goes to many trucks. Do not buy an item for your truck at a good deal and then build the rest of your truck around it. Buy the parts for your truck that work with a realistic goal and leave the good deals that turn expensive to someone else.

I see my post went a long way. Every time someone finds a cam they like from someone else's results like to make it a big deal. If I had a dollar for everytime I hear "that xxx cam makes big power, xxx made blah, blah, blah from it". Years back Matt Walls ran a 12.3 with a 150 shot that wasn't tuned in and a pcm that was far from a top notch tune. The cam he was running was a 212/218. Hell he even ran a 13.5 N/A with it using a TB converter. That is a good batch of results, but doesn't make it the ideal cam. I have a friend with a Vette I helped with his build and tuned the car running a 416 with TFS235's and Vortech blower. That made 918RWHP and 1064 with a 52 jet (which by the book is only a 100 shot). The cam is a 227/243. I wouldn't go and tell a bunch of others to use that cam because it may not be right for that application. To say a cam is good because this truck runs 11.xx with that cam and oh yeah it has spray is simply rediculous. Nitrous can fix many poor cam choices just as boost can. Even more many cam choices dyno very well and yet don't work well at the track because they simply aren't correct for the application. Cam choice must work together with the whole setup and if it doesn't you get the all talk no action cam. I've dyno'd 5.3's with much bigger cams that my truck has for example and have seen them make a whopping 6rwhp more with so much loss in low rpm torque that they only slow the truck down. As for your truck August, I'm with JC03SS post up a track time that backs up your claims. Show me a track time with the V2 that is impressive on motor only. Show us a track time with your truck that smokes the times others have ran with smaller cams.

On the actual topic posted at hand I still stand by my post and this goes to many trucks. Do not buy an item for your truck at a good deal and then build the rest of your truck around it. Buy the parts for your truck that work with a realistic goal and leave the good deals that turn expensive to someone else.

AMEN

What other mods? I'd assume a big stall n heads intake and plenty of others to get that quick. I'm not saying you can't go fast with that cam and neither is zippy. No need it just getting a big ass cam n sticking it in a truck and wishing for the best. If your gonna have a goal to get to and that cam fits what is in your goal go for it. Like I said tho bang for Buck not the best. That truck in the vid has lots of mods

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

And like I said, that's not a NA truck.... Period. Thus backing zip in the FACT that a power adder can fix a miss matched cam selection. We drive TRUCKS. Not something sub 4000lb. Smaller cams move these trucks better NA because the tourqe band is fatter. F horse power, we need TQ. You CAN'T compare the vid you just posted to a NA truck because they're not the same.

What's that truck on motor? Assuming a 125 shot would knock off 1.25 secs off an ET which doesn't always happen I know, that would bring the truck around to a flat 13 second pass on motor.

Just curious what that setup does N/A. Then again that engine has 243 so it's a bump of compression to the stock 317's.

The video didn't prove anything. There is a truck on here that went 11.00 on 22's and weighed in somewhere around 5800 or so at the time with an LS6 cam. That wouldn't make the LS6 cam anything special. Running 243's on an LQ9 bring compression to roughly 10.9 and if milled it'll be over 11:1 compression which brings a cam of that size into a useable range. Still rather big, but useable. Lets get down to the important part of this. What does that truck run on motor only?

BTW, I'd like to see how that truck is 6,000lbs in race trim.