Too much duration?

My friend has a cam that he took out of his c6. Just want to see what y'all's .02 are?

VRX6 - 238/240 605/609 112 LSA

I have a circle d 3400-3600 now stock. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems like a good NA cam. My cam is a 235 243 621 624 113 but believe me in these trucks you are gonna need some mods to make em really move I have heads cam intake stall and still got beat by my friends 2012 5.0 boss intake headers exhaust tune gears I haven't had a chance to race a bone stock 5.0 idk if I can take a newer one but I'm sure I can.

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

What do you mean what will you need as in what heads intake or cam kit? If you are talking about installing the cam you will need 650 lift springs either beehive singles or dual springs and some hardened push rods 7.4 length I believe.

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

There is no "good deal" with that cam. Even if it were free you don't have the supporting mods to run it. A 6.0L would need upwards of 11:1 compression to have any benefit from a cam that big as well as a well built trans to handle shift points of around 7000rpm and that's just a small part of it. A cam that big would still be useless even with a 3600 stall in a truck that is 5300lbs. You'd need a converter of around a 4000 stall or higher. You would also need a much improved intake over stock or you'd have a huge restriction there once again making a cam that big nothing more than something you got cheap. It wouldn't even be there for the cool sound as many smaller cams would give you the same sound.

In other words if you don't plan on modding the ss don't get that cam. Get a torquer v2!

No. Not that either. A torquer V2 is just a the top of the range for a 6.0L with only 10:1 compression and yet still too much cam without modding the hell out of it. Brad ran a 12.8 with a 224/228 cam and still had some room to grow with that when he changed to the big cam, heads, and intake. The point is you don't buy a cam and then spend money building your truck around that cam.

No. Not that either. A torquer V2 is just a the top of the range for a 6.0L with only 10:1 compression and yet still too much cam without modding the hell out of it. Brad ran a 12.8 with a 224/228 cam and still had some room to grow with that when he changed to the big cam, heads, and intake. The point is you don't buy a cam and then spend money building your truck around that cam.

This is why I like when you show up and drop knowledge. If there is any person you wanna take advice from on here it's The Man Himself.

Hmm the torquer v2 is a good cam though what's the problem? I believe the torquer is a pretty good cam for little bit mods on a 6.0. All you need is stall and cam with that one. And if you want to mod it more heads intake and gears you will be in the 11s easy in this truck all motor

Hmm the torquer v2 is a good cam though what's the problem? I believe the torquer is a pretty good cam for little bit mods on a 6.0. All you need is stall and cam with that one. And if you want to mod it more heads intake and gears you will be in the 11s easy in this truck all motor

Zippy needs to drop knowledge on you. The v2 isn't all that lol so many more cams than that out there. He's the master at this stuff. I'd put my 224/230 against your V2 any day. You need to take that thing to the track n post up some times and we can compare slips.