The Storm

rcapone

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to the track again before they closed for the season but I'll be ready when they re-opening in the Spring!!

20151114_104712.jpg

20151114_1220571.jpg

I'm hoping these babies will help me out too

20151112_122418.jpg

20151114_104206.jpg

20151114_104217.jpg

22's = 82lbs 20's = 71lbs :cool:

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Wow that's light Randy. I know mine are like 90 on the SS my 22's on the Denali are like 103lbs. They are heavy. Was looking at getting some light wheels for the SS maybe some custom American Force :)

Cool, I am curious how they do under normal road driving. My 20's are getting close to needing tires and I would like to run those but I also have roads with tar and chip so I dont want gravel sticking to them. We are running NT05R's on my buddies TBSS and they are really tacky, gravel is kinda a no no with them on.

Wow that's light Randy. I know mine are like 90 on the SS my 22's on the Denali are like 103lbs. They are heavy. Was looking at getting some light wheels for the SS maybe some custom American Force :)

They're not that aweful, but the 20" Race Stars I was looking at are 20lbs lighter still. That would be a 32lb savings per corner over the 22's. The big question is, how much will that improve my time over the stockers...is it worth ANOTHER $1500 bones?

Cool, I am curious how they do under normal road driving. My 20's are getting close to needing tires and I would like to run those but I also have roads with tar and chip so I dont want gravel sticking to them. We are running NT05R's on my buddies TBSS and they are really tacky, gravel is kinda a no no with them on.

The little that I did drive them, I'll just say this; I'm glad I never took my mud flaps off. Not to mention, some guys were giving me shit about the look but they're saving my paint job. There's at least 1/4" of rubber caked on them after the track.

These are tacky as well. In fact, you can just put your hand on them and feel the tackiness.

I looked at the NT05R's first but since the smallest width in a 20 was 315 and they're going on my narrow-ass stockers, I decided to go with the 555R's instead, plus they more of a street tire than the 05R's. Mine are pretty damn soft Pat, so I would at least recommend some mud flaps like mine if you decide to run them.

They definitely pick up rocks, but with the flaps you should be okay. I would guess they wouldn't last very long though...maybe 20k miles, but since it's not your daily, that could equate to 4 years or more depending on how much you drive her. ...They grip awesome though!

Nittos drag radials will last about 7K on the street without much racing and I hope they hook for you because everyone I know that ran them hated them at the track. Your saving grace is the AWD. We ran them on F bodies and mustangs. Once The Mickeys came out we all switched and that made huge difference on the track.

Here's my best 60' on street tires from a few weeks ago. I'll be sure to post up the results next spring. I did 2 launches with the Nittos and just got a little chatter but no really bad wheel spin, so hopefully they'll be better on a prepped surface

Nov082015%20Time%20Slip.jpg