The Storm

rcapone

Engineers...geesh!

Anyway, I'm getting pretty bad wheel spin now even with my massive 22's and rear springs clamped, so I ordered some limit straps for the front end. Weather's supposed to be rainy and shitty for the track so I'm going to shoot for Sunday the 8th...can't wait!!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome time man, congrats. How were your IATs? I think I finally got mine sorted out. I added a second hx and damn near cut them in half best I can tell. Hope to do a bit more testing today.

Before on a 0-105mph pull I would see a climb of 51 degrees

Now with similar outside temps I see a climb of 23 deg but the huge difference is that once I hit about 90mph they stop climbing and actually I think once I hit 110ish they may drop. It pulls so much harder on top now. At the track once I was in 3rd gear it just didnt feel the same. Best I could manage was 11.5 and IATS were over 160

Once again, your time is bad ass. Sooooo close.

Thanks Pat! Friday I took off work to install all new 3/4" heater hose for my HX to eliminate all the 90's I had in my system and reverse the flow on the HX. This was the before because Lingenfelter told me to plumb the hot from the SC into the top front inlet of the HX...

20150316_123021.jpg

This is the after, using the spring benders instead of 90's and reversing the flow so the hot from the SC enters the bottom rear of the HX, exits the top front, then flows to the ice box...

20151106_114116.jpg

20151106_125623.jpg

The flow increased substantially. So much in fact, when I open the cover to my ice box water hits the back side of the box and splashes out all over the place! lol. IAT's went from 30 above ambient to around 15 while cruising with no ice. At the track they were 93 degs. at 122 with ice - ambient was around 59

11.5's a very respectable time too, congrats! Once you get your IAT's down you'll be right there with me I'm sure

Well mines a heavy turd, I think it has a 11.3 as is but beyond that I am not sure the stock longblock is gonna work. I had a bad headwind at the track but still don't see it breaking 11.3 as is.

Was thinking of doing heads but I'll just wait and do an forged setup all at once. Don't wanna pop it with nice heads on. Need to figure out a TB setup, looks like the TPIS is working for you? I may go cable.

Yeah, initially I had some problems with the TPIS sending the truck into REP mode but they finally got it figured out and it has worked great ever since!

No matter how you slice it, it's a pretty amazing feat to get these trucks moving into the mid to low 11's with a Magna Charger IMO

That's weird because it seems like I'm losing boost too the colder the IAT's, but I'm pretty sure the blower's more efficient too. I was seeing a strong 15psi around 135 deg and looking at my track logs, I was 12.5 to a max of 14 at a max temp of 93!

My whole fuel system is designed for e85

Honestly, I don't think there was much of a change at all with the new heads, maybe 1 psi more. The biggest problem I'm having is belt slip. I have the smallest Gates HD belt available with a rip pulley and the bastard still slips - I'm sure the slick green back on those doesn't help any. Do you have that problem?

Good, a 24 degree spike isn't bad at all!

Not sure if you saw this, but here's what happened during my final launch last weekend, Transfer Case is just fine

20151112_1842091.jpg

20151112_1842131.jpg

I have a Detroit Locker Truetrac on order from Summit that should be here tomorrow morning