The Storm

rcapone

Thanks man. He did do a nice job on the wiring but the blue covers bother me. I think I should either have some more parts powder coated to match, like maybe the intake tube and alternator, or change the covers to black...decisions, decisions

Zippy said it would be okay to drive home but to make a log for him so he can send over adjustments. Hopefully we'll be able to get her dialed in this weekend, then will be looking at the 30th for the track as long as the weather's good. This place stays open well into November though, so I may wait on a really crisp day to make my run

Thanks Jason, it feels like a beast too! As mentioned, it's not dialed in yet but for the very first 0 - 100+ run, I'm happy with the numbers compared to last year. Last year around this time: 0 - 60 @ 3.985, 0 - 99 @ 8.884, 0 - 105 @ 9.992. Respectively, I bettered my last year times by .501, 1.541 and 1.555 :D

Also, I still have my old 3" pulley on there which needs to be shimmed out even more than it already is and is causing a belt squeak/slip AND that run was with the cutouts closed :huh: I'm hoping the 3" rip pulley and open cutouts will get me a little more at the track...I may even decide to slap on the 2.8

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Randy, did you have a scan of your wo pull? If so could you share your starting and ending IAT? I am fighting high IATS, from what I recall you upgraded pumps and hx right? I am seeing like a 70-80 deg climb from 0-120.

Yeah man, IAT was 88 then 134 after the pull - no ice in my icebox. That's from the pull I just made in the vid below 0 - 112 in 9.32 on 15psi, 0 - 59 in 3.297, 0 - 101 in 7.578, 0 - 104 in 8.187...holy shit, it's getting faster :huh:

I'm def impressed Randy. If somebody wants to run you on the street they better bring Murder Nova or The Crow lol

lol, I'm still smiling bro

...just made this one after Zip sent me over my second update tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RWNQcnPBw&feature=youtu.be

3" rip pulley and new, larger belt vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJX6PgBa2_I&feature=youtu.be

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Varimax. My IAT's are actually higher since I put the big heat exchanger with fans and the varimax pump on, but my setup is designed for use of the icebox with much longer lengths of tubing than I originally had. I think that varimax may be pumping too fast if that's even possible. When I hit the track this week, I'll try out the icebox to see if it makes a difference