The Storm

rcapone

Yeah... Ive been.... busy. Haha. But the truck is done, rear shaft is being made now. Tune is loaded.. Getting fluids today. Aiming to fire it up sunday and take it for a rip..

I did have a question about your Varimax coolant pump. I bought the same one from LPE, that included the 4 pin connector.

Put a ignition 12v+ to pin 1, ground to pin 2, and left pin 3 and 4 empty. There is a wiring schematic here on page 4

http://paceperformance.com/attachment/113847-TechAFX_VariMax_PumpOperationDetails.pdf

I wired it up, and it doesn't work :icon_bs:

Thinking I may have gotten a shit pump? or do I need to supply power/ground to one/both the other pins? Any ideas?

I bought this because I was previously running the bosch pump http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LPE&Product_Code=L480340000&Category_Code=C66#.Vh_feTGradI

I'm all about the plug n play - sorry I couldn't be more help

I see the times in your sig. say you run 22 x 9.5 Foose rims with 305/40 - make sure you post a vid of your run with those rims and tires...I know I will :wink: my time slip will be posted exactly as I drive my truck around town buddy - 22 x 10 intros on 305/40's

ambalamps1.jpg

I dont run with the 22's on. 17's FTMFW. Randy grab some bogarts and step up...

I dont run with the 22's on. 17's FTMFW. Randy grab some bogarts and step up...

Honestly for me, the time slip isn't the most important thing. I thought about putting drag radials on and some tiny ass rims just so I could have a better chance to say I have a 10 sec. truck, but at the end of the day what I've built is my idea of a bad ass street truck that's faster than just about anything on the road and want my time slip to represent REALLY how fast my truck is. After I was certain with my decision, I bought these - the smallest rim I can even use is a 20...

20150314_182122.jpg

IMO it would be MUCH cooler to hit 10's with these big ass, heavy ass, beefy ass rims and tires with absolutely no weight reduction BUT, if I don't...who cares :D. At least I don't have to say to the dude sitting next to me at the light in a 911 turbo, "Hey, do you mind if I run home and put my drag radials on before we race?" :huh:

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Entertainment at its best.

Hey Pat, glad you decided to chime in. You know my threads are always entertaining! When you going to make it to the track to see where yours stacks up?

those wilwoods are so sexy! and you've got a point there

Thanks Ramon. I have to admit, the man who put the wood in wilwood knows sexy :huh:

Randy keep in mind running on a stock 17" wheel doesn't make my truck any slower on the street, just faster on the track. Frankly, more than half the time I run on my stock 17's anyway. The truck drives better in every way. It rides better, it stops better, and it feels lighter. I prefer it. If it was my truck, I would have grabbed some really nice looking 18's with a sporty tire, but to each their own. Eventually I'll do the same, but a set up that is made to look "racey" doesn't have the same appeal on a Denali IMO.

I respect what your'e doing for sure!

Also, lets not forget I have a weight disadvantage from the start being a crew cab.

Edited by Rob Nap (see edit history)

Just getting more air in and more air out. Bigger cam, bigger headers, bigger exhaust, more boost. I had 10-12psi exhaust back pressure so I revamped everything from the exhaust port to the tip.

Last runs was shifting at 5600 due to LS3 TB kicking rep. That's fixed.

Sweet, it's about time, lol! Sounds like this should be some good times coming in for all of us in the next few weeks!

Randy keep in mind running on a stock 17" wheel doesn't make my truck any slower on the street, just faster on the track. Frankly, more than half the time I run on my stock 17's anyway. The truck drives better in every way. It rides better, it stops better, and it feels lighter. I prefer it. If it was my truck, I would have grabbed some really nice looking 18's with a sporty tire, but to each their own. Eventually I'll do the same, but a set up that is made to look "racey" doesn't have the same appeal on a Denali IMO.

I respect what your'e doing for sure!

Also, lets not forget I have a weight disadvantage from the start being a crew cab.

Thanks man, I hear ya, I'm just bustin yer balls pal. I know you're scared to run your 22's at the track! :pimp:

I'll get another exact weight on mine again this fall, but if I remember correctly last year, mine weighed in at 5650 which is pretty beefy! I've got the speedster tonneau, intros and wilwoods which would be the major weight adders for me, not counting the same things we both have like the 80e, Maggie, etc.

Got a few pics last night...she's done! picking her up tonight :)

I can't say I love the blue valve covers...shoulda went black I think, oh well. BTW, thanks for the lead on the ICT coil brackets Brandon

20151020_1950071.jpg

20151020_1951081.jpg

20151021_1903031.jpg

20151021_1903131.jpg

Oh Rob...

558577331.jpg