The Storm

rcapone

Since you and I are far from friends, you saying that I, "cheaped out" couldn't have been taken as a joke and is therfore a disrespectful statement plain and simple. I obviously looked at Dougs first and the negative reviews far outweighed the positive ones. My decision had absolutely nothing to do the cost. Not to mention, Zippy's recommendation was also the QTP cutouts.

I welcome all comments that are respectful and has nothing to do with agreeing with me... I just don't like either one of you guys :)

Glad to hear that, they came highly recommended!

Since you and I are far from friends, you saying that I, "cheaped out" couldn't have been taken as a joke and is therfore a disrespectful statement plain and simple

Lol whatever!!

And God for bid he should help someone else out on this site.

I'm an admitted novice and would never give advice to anyone about something I'm not qualified for, unlike you, recommending the very worst reviewed cutouts on the web. Thanks big guy!

I never said to use them I asked why u didn't!

Back when I had the time and funds I used them no issues. Apparently things have changed. Sport to ask a question mr sensitive.

Lol. Why do u Go race a Prius or something.

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)

I just don't like either one of you guys :)

I didn't see that coming.....good thing I left my feelings at home today :)

I'm an admitted novice and would never give advice to anyone about something I'm not qualified for, unlike you, recommending the very worst reviewed cutouts on the web. Thanks big guy!

If there are a few bad reviews on the Web it must be true, lol Wonder how many other people bought them and loved them......guess non cause they did not post on the Web.

Randy are you still running your plugs at a .028 gap? You don't run into any issues with them blowing out the spark? It feels like a bog at WOT. I would think you need to tighten them up a little.

My motor goes in this weekend... just sayin.

Randy are you still running your plugs at a .028 gap? You don't run into any issues with them blowing out the spark? It feels like a bog at WOT. I would think you need to tighten them up a little.

What ya getting done now :0

Alright I've kept you guys in the dark long enough.

Here it is:
vortec350ss-58122-albums-stage-2-build-3
That picture pretty much sums up 'stage 2' of this build.:burnout::devil:
Here's the details:
Forged Internal 370" iron block with 10.2 compression
-Jack-Shaft magnuson TVS2300 with a 102mm inlet, and ported lower manifold
-20% OD rear cog pullies
-Trick flow GenX 255 heads
-A Cam Motion cam spec'd by me. I hate it when others are secretive about specs. Mine is 230/246 117.5+5.5 .622/.605. It specs out to 3* of overlap, but the cam Dr. reports nearly 4* overlap, so it should bark at idle. It's unconventional around here... but it will make great power.
-Wiseco 3.2cc valve relief 4.030" 2618 pistons.
-Steel rings
-Upgraded Tool steel wrist pins
-Callies compstar H beam rods with ARP2000 rod bolts.
-GMPP LSA forged crankshaft
-Lower end studs
-Dual roller adjustable timing set
So more or less... this is a max effort maggie build. I love the way PD blowers make power, but as is the same with all of us, I want more. I am still keeping it a street machine of course...
We will see what the future brings, but I expect it to be pretty fun. I want to keep this blower in the ball park of 16-17 PSI. That may mean not spinning it as fast as possible with the OD cog rear drive, but I am OK with that. Anything beyond that range and the returns will really start to diminish, especially on a long pull. That's why I went with such great heads, and selected cam specs with some overlap. The goal there is to move as much CFM as possible. The small amount of overlap will use the boost charge to nearly completely clear the combustion chamber of spent gasses, and drive up the exhaust velocity even further. The end result should be a greater scavenging effect on the next exhaust stroke allowing it to continue to work as efficiently as possible. A combustion chamber filled with a cleaner charge of air and fuel is never a bad thing either...
I don't really know what to expect specifically, but the goal is to smash the current LQ9 and 1900 combo.
say-my-name.gif

Post 318 in my Performancetrucks.net build thread : http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/vortec350ss-2005-sierra-denali-build-boost-515983/

We'll see what happens. Randy and I have similar, yet very different builds going. Cathedral vs Rectangle, Front drive vs Jackshaft, Extended cab vs Crew cab.

Just be careful of callies rods and weak wrist pins had them in my 370 from texas speed and at 15lbs of boost wrist pins elongated and twisted rods and broke all main caps on even side after 2000 miles ,so new motor I used oliver rods with heavy duty wrist pins and kateck billet main caps .....callies rods are made off shore, so just do more homework on them cost me bigtime....

Yep, still .028 but mine feels really strong all the way through the power band. Your build looks really, really awesome too Rob! I'm very anxious to see what both of ours will do at the track...you've got a good shot at 10's. I'm hoping mine will be somewhere in the mid to low 11's - my guess is 11.4

My truck's getting dropped off Saturday for the head swap, so I would expect he should have it done by the following weekend since he only works 2 or 3 days a week because he has a regular 9 - 5, plus he's finishing up another car so he probably won't get much, if anything done Saturday with a hot engine.

What ya getting done now :0

Since I have some time to kill while the truck's being wrenched on, I was thinking about looking up my two of my favorite people's Moms to see if they want to play a little tonsil hockey :)

You 2 have some Awesome builds going. I've been wanting to do close to the Same thing as both of you. A 12 second truck could hold me over for awhile lol.

If you can swing it, you really should make a move on the SS...it's time! I agree about the 12 sec. truck holding you over for a while. Honestly, it's just about the right power level for the street and all you'd have to do to get there is slap on a Maggie! Just try not to get carried away like I have, lol

That's what I'm thinking. I always wanted the 2300 so I guess I need to start digging in my wallet and see if I can find some extra green. The Denali has been eating it up lol :)

Just be careful of callies rods and weak wrist pins had them in my 370 from texas speed and at 15lbs of boost wrist pins elongated and twisted rods and broke all main caps on even side after 2000 miles ,so new motor I used oliver rods with heavy duty wrist pins and kateck billet main caps .....callies rods are made off shore, so just do more homework on them cost me bigtime....

I have the upgraded wrist pins... hopefully I don't experience the same thing you did...