The Storm

rcapone

I'm surprised to see you ditch the corsa.

I would have loved to see you go to a single 4" set up, but I understand the difficulty. The more you pulley down the more of a restriction this exhaust will be.

Just as an FYI guys running a combo like yours with a 3.0 pulley up top and an OD balancer with a 3" cat back were seeing 10PSI of back-pressure in their exhaust!!! That's enough to kill some serious power... The dual 2.5 is better than a single 3, but still not 'better enough' IMO.

I'm surprised to see you ditch the corsa.

I would have loved to see you go to a single 4" set up, but I understand the difficulty. The more you pulley down the more of a restriction this exhaust will be.

Just as an FYI guys running a combo like yours with a 3.0 pulley up top and an OD balancer with a 3" cat back were seeing 10PSI of back-pressure in their exhaust!!! That's enough to kill some serious power... The dual 2.5 is better than a single 3, but still not 'better enough' IMO.

Kickin down with some dual 3" cutouts that will be installed on the 3" mid-pipes directly off the headers. I already ordered them but wanted to get the exhaust installed first. This way I have the best of both worlds when cruising around town.

The Corsa was WAAAY too loud and sounded like complete horseshit after I put the 1-7/8" ARH's on and pullied down. My neighbor even put a sign on my work truck a while back asking me to not leave the development on the accelerator so hard, hehe.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's in my best interest to listen to people's advice who actually have first hand experience with a product and more importantly, who actually own a Silverado SS - not someone who comes onto my thread and makes comments to disrespect me. :wink2:
Dougs headers electric cutouts

icon-favicon.gifSummit Racing Verified Purchase

bought these just over a year ago. Not much use and one motor has failed already
1 wont close

Installed easy enough. After I cycled several times in my shop one motor lost torque. Will see if warranty is any good.
Dont buy these cutouts

I have a cousin who owns a muffler shop and puts cut-outs on cars all the time, in fact he used to sell the Patriot equivalent of these cut-outs. When i took my car to him to have him weld the y adapters into my exhaust he saw the cutouts i bought and warned me against installing them. He explained that he recently put them on a car and it didn't even get out of parking lot before they stopped working, he put another pair on and they lasted a couple of days. I didn't listen to him and had them put on anyway, and they were great!!! Unfortunately, they lasted about 2 months then one of them stopped working. I took it off the car and disassembled it and was shocked at the design of these things. They have almost as many gears as a swiss watch and one of which had no more teeth left. There are too many moving parts which increase the chance of failure, The metal used for the gears is sub-standard. Looking at the internal design I find it impossible to see how these things could last for more than 6 months even when that is only weekend use.
Not sure on this one.

I, along with 2 of my buddies bought this product. One set stopped working after 2 times. The other set had a broken wire in the harness. My Mechanic re-wired the second set, and I am waiting to see how long before they stop working again. He told me that he does not want to install them at this time.
Did good for a day!

Most of materials are pretty good quality, but both of the solenoids broke the first day.
doug's headers exhaust cut-outs

quit working after 2 uses
Bymjron April 22, 2014
This is the second set of this product that I've had installed. In both cases, the product lasted less than a month before they started failing to close completely. Extremely disappointing.

Byrick maniscallion October 13, 2014
Disappointed, just like the first poster said... one of mine failed in a month or so in the almost all the way closed position then rattled and buzzed between shifts, it sounded horrible, IMO i wouldn't recommend these to my worst enemy and pretty darn expensive to boot...put your money towards something else, not worth the r&r and return hassles
ByYo Meon May 25, 2015
Took a while to complete the build. Had them on for a month or so before they quite working. Wanted to return them but was informed it is to late because of when I bought them. Loss of over $400.
Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Wasn't disrespecting u at all. Not one bit. I had Doug cutouts on mine for years before I sold it. Then put a set on my blown bbc chevelle. Just asked a question!!!

Last I checked it's an open forum.

But that's right u are super sensitive.

And big deal I don't own an SS anymore I did for a long time and helped people out. I might not own one but I at least I try and help people out

Good call!!!??

Thanks for taking the time to reply and post all the negative reviews!!!

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)

Wasn't disrespecting u at all. Not one bit. I had Doug cutouts on mine for years before I sold it. Then put a set on my blown bbc chevelle. Just asked a question!!!

And big deal I don't own an SS anymore I did for a long time and helped people out. I might not own one but I at least I try and help people out

Good call!!!

Are you surprised Jesse? Once again if someone does not agree with Randy or currently own a SSS they are not suppose to comment in his threads.

Good call!!!

Since you and I are far from friends, you saying that I, "cheaped out" couldn't have been taken as a joke and is therfore a disrespectful statement plain and simple. I obviously looked at Dougs first and the negative reviews far outweighed the positive ones. My decision had absolutely nothing to do the cost. Not to mention, Zippy's recommendation was also the QTP cutouts.

Are you surprised Jesse? Once again if someone does not agree with Randy or currently own a SSS they are not suppose to comment in his threads.

I welcome all comments that are respectful and has nothing to do with agreeing with me... I just don't like either one of you guys :)

I love my qtp cut outs , Ive been having then for about 2 years I think , and there still going strong

Glad to hear that, they came highly recommended!

Your right only positive feedback. And God for bid he should help someone else out on this site. But again it's all about randy!

Gotta be nice to him and praise him. He's super sensitive and get butt hurt very easily!!

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)