ive been called out!!

1slow06SSS

my buddy just picked up a 2014 tundra and wants to get in some runs. I have a feeling his truck is gonna take me out. all I have is a intake, muffler delete and dyno tune. stock spec protorque converter and built 4l65. im not backing down win or lose. post opinions and ill hopefully get this run in soon.

They run 15.4 stock. As long as you dont blow the tires off yours i dont think you will have a issue. Its a Toyota.......

EDIT..... Can we start taking internet bets? lol Im in for the silverado SS...

My tip to you. Lower your air pressure in the rear tires to about 25 PSI and do some test runs. Some have even gone down to 20 PSI. See what works best to really let the Toyota have it.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Is this Tundra a regular cab, or crew cab? 2 WD or 4WD?

If its a crew cab 4WD, your SS has a pretty darn good chance of beating it. They are pretty heavy. It weighs about 900lbs more than your SS does (empty). And does not have that much more Torque or HP to move that weight.

I think the OP is RWD based off of the screen name??

If you run with traction off just ease in to it from the dig and once you know you have traction smash on the throttle

If you have a stock stall then it shouldn't have to much trouble spinning out from the hole.

So just maybe half throttle or so for a couple feet out then hit it.

I really like the tundras but I think you will beat him. I raced a 10 and it was a slow pull with just a cold air.

Not only does the tundra offer 4:30's they all come with six speed autos that are pretty sweet.

I really don't see how you could lose Unless your truck is a turd. It would be close'ish if you were bone stock, but if your tune is worth a damn, it should be a free win