Best Songs of the Year - When you Graduated High School

Stitches040

So ... It's raining ... The Bruins were on ... and I'm bored at work ... :thumbs:

I started kicking around Youtube and wasting some time. That's when I landed on a some of these old songs ... It brings back some memories ... :thumbs: ... It's funny to see some artists when they just started out or the One Hit Wonders ...

So, for a little fun ... Post them up ... LOL ...

I actually graduated high school twice .. Once in the USA and once in Australia (Did my senior year abroad) ... I'll post both ...

1989 - Australia

http://youtu.be/cHn6k9SnrtY

1990 - USA

http://youtu.be/39ilkROgt3I

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

So ... It's raining ... The Bruins were on ... and I'm bored at work ... :thumbs:

I started kicking around Youtube and wasting some time. That's when I landed on a some of these old songs ... It brings back some memories ... :thumbs: ... It's funny to see some artists when they just started out or the One Hit Wonders ...

So, for a little fun ... Post them up ... LOL ...

I actually graduated high school twice .. Once in the USA and once in Australia (Did my senior year abroad) ... I'll post both ...

1989 - Australia

http://youtu.be/cHn6k9SnrtY

1990 - USA

http://youtu.be/39ilkROgt3I

You graduated High School in Australia the year I was born

To me this was the biggest song the year I graduated. This album was the soundtrack to my Senior Year

Found this link that you can see the top 100 songs of each year from 1950 on

http://www.jamrockentertainment.com/billboard-music-top-100-songs-listed-by-year.html

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

To me this was the biggest song the year I graduated. This album was the soundtrack to my Senior Year

Found this link that you can see the top 100 songs of each year from 1950 on

http://www.jamrockentertainment.com/billboard-music-top-100-songs-listed-by-year.html

Memories man damn. I remember back in 1999/2000 or so when my best friend Mike who worked at Zomba Music Group aka Jive Records. He says hey bro there's this new rap/rock band out. "Lincoln park" I understood at the time. We show up at was once The Palace a club on Vine in Hollywood. get out and see all these guys just like us. He's like just wait. I'm in my Dickies outfit, buttom up dickies short sleeve, my dickies pants, my old skool Pumas and out walks Chester dressed identical. I was ike damn I lie kthis guy. Music starts out with this song "In the End" loved it, after the show Mike said what's up to him, we went to The Rainbow and drank beers with Chester. Ahhh good times. Little did we know that this would become one of the biggest bands of all time.

Memories man damn. I remember back in 1999/2000 or so when my best friend Mike who worked at Zomba Music Group aka Jive Records. He says hey bro there's this new rap/rock band out. "Lincoln park" I understood at the time. We show up at was once The Palace a club on Vine in Hollywood. get out and see all these guys just like us. He's like just wait. I'm in my Dickies outfit, buttom up dickies short sleeve, my dickies pants, my old skool Pumas and out walks Chester dressed identical. I was ike damn I lie kthis guy. Music starts out with this song "In the End" loved it, after the show Mike said what's up to him, we went to The Rainbow and drank beers with Chester. Ahhh good times. Little did we know that this would become one of the biggest bands of all time.

Are they back together?, last I heard Chester was singing for Stone Temple Pilots.

I did hear something about a Link in Park tour though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I remember going to a small music venue(old movie theater) with some friends that had free tickets, so it turns out the main act was Joan Jett but prior to that it was an up and coming rap/metal hybrid band know as White Zombie and they sounded good.

Thats awesome. I remember when I first heard the song Points of Authority (long before Hybrid Theory was released) I was hooked immediately. Hybrid Theory is IMO one of the best albums of all time, it was so different from anything else on the radio at that time.

Are they back together?, last I heard Chester was singing for Stone Temple Pilots.

I did hear something about a Link in Park tour though.

As far as I know they did not break up, in fact I was jealous they are performing at the Download Festival in the UK in June and they are only playing songs from Hybrid Theory. I think the lead singing with the stone temple pilots is a side thing.