Stock cam swap

I know there are cam guides and all that and I can sit and research for hours... But was wondering if anyone has done a cam swap with basic bolt ons(long tubes, no cats, full exhuast, 80mm TB, CIA) and a stock trans and converter. If so what do you feel are the best choices for best power gains without destroying my trans?

Many people do this. It all depends on what cam you choose and what you want out of the truck as far as drive ability.

To be honest I wouldn't know where to start on cam sizes. I drive the truck a lot but I want a cam that will make a difference. Pretty much as big as I can go on the stock set-up. Any suggestions would be great

You can go pretty big, close to 600 lift. Gas mileage will be the issue and how streetable it will be with the cam you choose. Would I choose a cam that large for a daily with no torque converter, No.

You need to decide if the motor will stay naturally aspirated first. Without changing the torque converter, you will be only hurting the performance and what a cam has to offer as far as power gains. There are hundreds of cam sizes to choose from.

If I were gonna do a cam swap again lol I'd call Brian Tooley. A lot of these guys could get u his number. He would be the best one to ask he's really good at this stuff.

If I were gonna do a cam swap again lol I'd call Brian Tooley. A lot of these guys could get u his number. He would be the best one to ask he's really good at this stuff.

What cam and stall do you have in your truck Jason? Tsp 228 right?

Yeap everyday and it runs great. I couldn't imagine launching any harder but with more converter it will. It drives great and I think I get complemented at least 5 days out of 7 on the sound.

Rite on... I'm sure it sounds wicked

It does Thanks. Runs great too. For what is done to it she runs damn strong. Any time you can cut a 1.81 60ft and under that's good for these big heavy trucks.