So…I had to buy a new front Diff...

Good to hear you got yours even though it took what seems to be forever! Hoping for mine sooner than later.

Good luck with the weekend project and congrats on the raise!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it wrong. It's a 4wd diff. Glad I figured it out before I got to far into it. Autozone says they'll take care of it. I'll update when I have more info. Crap.

Yep. Same sh*t here too. Got the 4wd part. Thanks for the PM Bill and good talking with ya before I tore into my truck. I'll be making my trip to Autozone in the morning.

I still can't believe they shipped mine on a full size semi. I'll be loading it in the back of my Park Ave... including pallet.

Will update how mine ends up whenever it happens.

Dang that's a bummer. I hope they take care of you and you guys still get the correct diff.. As soon as I seen the pick on page 1 I could tell that diff was made for the selectable 4wd. Keep us up to date on if they get you the correct one.

Returned mine to a local Autozone and the staff was very understanding with my frustration and I believe handled it very well.

That said, I'm still waiting another week for another front diff.

I'll be picking it up at the store so I can check it before making another trip back...again.

Thankful for this forum and Bill(NipRing) for the PM before I tore into my truck.

• 1 year later...

Dag gone Bill. Sorry to hear / see this. Guess there isn't much point in trying another under warranty, hu

I've had the same kind of problems from most of the "house brand" parts store's. Napa has been the worst in my experience.

Mechanical fuel pumps and master cylinders got my old 86 Sierra. What as nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...