SS top speed?

sandman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ben, got a link to where you bought the decal??

Actually bought from a member on the site that doesn't get on here very much anymore. Goes by J & J motorsports. Took his last one. I may go by a shop and see if they can duplicate before I stick to the window. That way if I ever loose my windshield for some reason, I'll have an extra. I'll let you know if I do.

THE STATE TROOPER PULLED ME OVER @ 75 IN A 55"
That beats my 77 in a 65

Ouch. :sigh: I really sorry to hear about those "fun little meetings." I have made my once every two years trip to the Defensive Driving School here in AZ to get a ticket off the books and I can't go again until May of '05. Problem is that I have had two very close calls since then. It was just the luck of the draw that saved my butt from yet another ticket. I have just GOT to quit buying vehicles that are made to drive fast....................................................nah.

I really sorry to hear about those "fun little meetings." I have made my once every two years trip to the Defensive Driving School here in AZ to get a ticket off the books and I can't go again until May of '05. Problem is that I have had two very close calls since then. It was just the luck of the draw that saved my butt from yet another ticket. I have just GOT to quit buying vehicles that are made to drive fast....................................................nah.

Must not mean in this vehicle. 'Cause we all know how slow it is. :P

mine is also around 108-109 found out racing a non supercharged HD we got on the highway at the same time he zipped around me like he was going to scare me so we played around for about 20 miles it went quick. after we passed the spot were the cops sit i cought up to him got behind him then nailed it i saw he was trying but i went around him. then we did it again and my truck stoped it was sad because he kept going. i will catch him again and this time i hope it is at a stop light :cool:

Does anyone know what the top end of one of those HEMI trucks are? There is no doubt that the SS wil smoke them from a stoplight due to the AWD setup AND a much more powerful engine. There is no bottom end torque until about 3000 rpm. By then, the SS is long gone. I understand that a computer modification in 2004 is addressing the big lag.

Has anyone seen the "HEMI EXPRESS" in California, and the "THUNDER ROAD package in all the other states? Just a package with floorboards, fiberglass tonneau cover, 20 inch wheels and lower body kit, but nothing done to the engine. Looks good, but that's about it.

I have never heard the cutoff speed for the hemi truck. Just curious. I also heard that they do not respond too well to common hop up speed parts due to the computer compensating for them. I have heard that some speed parts actually make them go slower..especially the exhaust system. They SOUND wicked, but actually go slower due to lack of back pressure the aftermarket mufflers allow. Someone made a post about a smart alecked kid with a white hemi ram with loud pipes. Chances are if he modded the exhaust he was slower than a stone. Serves him right.

That would be pretty sad to have something that could not be modifed without a LOT of cash.

Just my $.02

GSEREP1

Edited by gserep1 (see edit history)

Ctrow,

I checked out the info at Westers Garage. I guess my only question is whether or not the PCM is worth the price they are asking?. What is your opinion?

What kind of benefits have you seen since you installed the new PCM? How complicated of an install is it?

Thanks,

:jester:

Edited by RedpopSS (see edit history)

To me yes it was worth the price. It pulls harder, firmer shifts, mileage was up a little(not a lot with the pedal always mashed), and basically no top speed limiter. Plus you get unlimited reprogramming in case you get crazy later on.

Now, if this is the only mod you are going to make then you might wait for the Hypertech because it will probably be cheaper and give similiar results. I think the latest word is Jan when it will be ready.

If you know enough, you could also go with the LS1Edit. It sounds like a great piece. I just don't know enough to mess with it and I don't want to set it on kill and grenade the motor because of my ignorance.

The Predator has mixed reviews on this board. Personally I wouldn't trust it. That's just me though.

If you got the $$$ then I would say go for it. If it's tight, I would enjoy the ride and wait for the Hypertech.

Also, installation shouldn't take more than 10 mins with a 1/4" metric socket set.

Hope that helps. :thumbs: