sandman

SS top speed?

First time on. just got new black ss 2 weeks ago. I've got 800 mi on it. went to 110 before the computer kept it there, i guess? my old 2001 8.1 completely cut off a 100. anybody else tried it.

First time on.  just got new black ss 2 weeks ago.   I've got 800 mi on it.  went to 110 before the computer kept it there, i guess?  my old 2001 8.1 completely cut off a 100.  anybody else tried it.

Welcome to the site, Sandman! :D That is a fast (110 mph) first post :jester: It thas been posted by guys in the know that do say the SS is programmed to 108 mph, you squeezed a little more out of it. Happy SS Motoring :D

Gee, I have only been up to 90, so far :P It's a little harder to find un-monitored highways out here in the big city :D

First time on.  just got new black ss 2 weeks ago.   I've got 800 mi on it.  went to 110 before the computer kept it there, i guess?  my old 2001 8.1 completely cut off a 100.  anybody else tried it.

Welcome to the site, Sandman! :D That is a fast (110 mph) first post :jester: It thas been posted by guys in the know that do say the SS is programmed to 108 mph, you squeezed a little more out of it. Happy SS Motoring :D

I can only speak for mine, the speed cut of in the computer was set at 106. Others may be different, but I doubt it. :jester:

I hit briefly hit 115 this morning, obviously the programming for my new supercharger has raised the limit :D:cool:

On my way to Mississippi on a back road down there, i got it up to 108-109 and it just stayed there. Does anybody know if hypertech would solve the issue??? :uhoh:

Yep, 108-109 is the limit set at factory. Hypertech is working on a unit for the SS, should be ready soon. It will solve this problem of limited top end speed. :thumbs:

Yep mine is the same way 108-109 mph. I have been there a couple times now and just held it for a couple miles. I tell you what the exhaust sure does sound :cool: at 108mph. I am wondering though if holding at the limit for an extended period of time may be bad on the motor?? :confused:

Found my top speed limiter over Labor Day weekend. Talk about effortless stability down the highway. :chevy:

LS1Edit will be mine someday. :cool:

Found my top speed limiter over Labor Day weekend. Talk about effortless stability down the highway. :chevy:

LS1Edit will be mine someday. :cool:

Richard - does your windshield SS sticker have tinting with it, or just a stand alone SS sticker?

I got the Diablo Predator and I believe the max speed can be tweeked to 120 or 125. I have touched 110 for like a second before the fear of a ticket kicked in :sigh: .

Richard,

Is your bowtie really black with a red border or is it a PS fixup? It looks fantastic. I hope that's the real thing. :thumbs: