SS top speed?

sandman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time on.  just got new black ss 2 weeks ago.   I've got 800 mi on it.  went to 110 before the computer kept it there, i guess?  my old 2001 8.1 completely cut off a 100.  anybody else tried it.

Welcome to the site, Sandman! :D That is a fast (110 mph) first post :jester: It thas been posted by guys in the know that do say the SS is programmed to 108 mph, you squeezed a little more out of it. Happy SS Motoring :D

First time on.  just got new black ss 2 weeks ago.   I've got 800 mi on it.  went to 110 before the computer kept it there, i guess?  my old 2001 8.1 completely cut off a 100.  anybody else tried it.

Welcome to the site, Sandman! :D That is a fast (110 mph) first post :jester: It thas been posted by guys in the know that do say the SS is programmed to 108 mph, you squeezed a little more out of it. Happy SS Motoring :D

I can only speak for mine, the speed cut of in the computer was set at 106. Others may be different, but I doubt it. :jester:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep mine is the same way 108-109 mph. I have been there a couple times now and just held it for a couple miles. I tell you what the exhaust sure does sound :cool: at 108mph. I am wondering though if holding at the limit for an extended period of time may be bad on the motor?? :confused:

• 1 month later...
Found my top speed limiter over Labor Day weekend. Talk about effortless stability down the highway. :chevy:

LS1Edit will be mine someday. :cool:

Richard - does your windshield SS sticker have tinting with it, or just a stand alone SS sticker?