Bye Bye Lightning.

2xss

I'm with ya Powell. My 06 mod for

Mod against any awd ss will walk it. We were both running 14.1 with just a tune. Show me an awd that can do that..... Just sayinnnnnnnn I agree the 2wd are a little faster on the big end, there a little lighter and don't have all the extra strain on turning the front driveshaft. There very close tho due to the launch of the awd. CJ ran a 14.3 with a tune and exhaust only no headers. There's Noway I'd trade mine for a 2wd just love the launch of the line.

Thanks for the support fellers

Let go around some corners and see which is better.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run a different compound tire out back in the RWD. And both are gonna need a rear sway bar anyways lol.

Where is this thread going, AWD vs RWD? Lmao

Both are great just pick which one suits you best, for me it's the RWD because I had drag racing in mind when I bought it.

I never said I have beat a cammed and blown SS, I said I have produced better quarter mile results than a friends truck with a blower and cam. The truck I'm speaking of is DiamondSS's brother. He ended up blowing up his power dyne supercharger which I later bought and sold to a guy on PT.net.

Just so you don't mix my words.

yeah sorry about that I was about half drunk last night lol.

Run a different compound tire out back in the RWD. And both are gonna need a rear sway bar anyways lol.

Where is this thread going, AWD vs RWD? Lmao

Both are great just pick which one suits you best, for me it's the RWD because I had drag racing in mind when I bought it.

With what you spent on rims and tires I could do something else to my AWD SS and most likely be running right along with you. It's all apples to oranges.

The fact is is that 2wd guys get to a certain point to where custom suspension comes into play. It has been proven that AWD in these trucks people start having real problems with the stock system when they start seeing deep 11's. Name a 2wd that is running like that that hasn't spent a fortunate in the rear end and slicks and tires. Meaning without a 4 link suspension and bars and everything. That is the point. People don't seem to get that.

Paul

Edited by BlueAWDSS (see edit history)

We have torsion bar suspsenion to start off with , so were already starting wrong of auto cross was our goal.

And are you saying 11s aren't obtainable a stock suspension RWD truck?

There aren't to many RWD trucks on this site to report such a pass. But a set of Caltracs, and I think it's manageable. Shit if I don't get bored with this truck I'll try and pull it off.

With what you spent on rims and tires I could do something else to my AWD SS and most likely be running right along with you. It's all apples to oranges.

The fact is is that 2wd guys get to a certain point to where custom suspension comes into play. It has been proven that AWD in these trucks people start having real problems with the stock system when they start seeing deep 11's. Name a 2wd that is running like that that hasn't spent a fortunate in the rear end and slicks and tires. Meaning without a 4 link suspension and bars and everything. That is the point. People don't seem to get that.

Paul

The original comparrison was made at stock and mild bot ons. You sir, compared apples to Apple pie haha. I pick Blown or GI as the guys to get there. My pockets are to shallow 2wd or not.

And you mention about spending on wheels and tires, and how you can mod your truck with that money spent. Well isn't that why we mod our trucks/cars to start with, in order to enhance the performance, and don't we all know it cost money to mod. But I'm not gonna waste my $$$ on a tire to go circles and hit corners with anyone. It's just a dumb argument.

And Powell , money is on GI he's bout ready to make some passes.

My only goal is to run a 12 second pass with the stock long block lq9. I haven't seen anyone report here say that it's been done with an SS, but people say it can't be done. I'm only .5 of a second away and haven't finished the bolts on's and I can still upgrade some, and still running a stock cam. I'll see how far in the 13s I can run with bolts then slap a cam in the ol lq9 and watch her run a 12 or bust, and heck might even plumb a nitrous kit and see what she'll do. My real goal with the truck is to swap the engine out with my ls3 I have sitting in the garage. But I feel I gotta do this first for all the SS fans.

Anyways I'm gonna get some sleep, just got off work. Working nights on weekends sucks, missed the chance of watching some street races with a few fast trucks, one which was 500 rwhp plus direct port n20 w/ anywhere from 200 shot on up.

Oh and I plan to run a 10 second pass, and I have no plans for a 4 link.

Mine should be done getting dynoed this week I'm going for around 600rwhp on the bottle. I'll be at the track very soon and will show a stock suspension 11 sec slip.

Keep us posted on your build. I wanna see what the hp translates into the track as far as time.

And you mention about spending on wheels and tires, and how you can mod your truck with that money spent. Well isn't that why we mod our trucks/cars to start with, in order to enhance the performance, and don't we all know it cost money to mod. But I'm not gonna waste my $$$ on a tire to go circles and hit corners with anyone. It's just a dumb argument.

And Powell , money is on GI he's bout ready to make some passes.

My only goal is to run a 12 second pass with the stock long block lq9. I haven't seen anyone report here say that it's been done with an SS, but people say it can't be done. I'm only .5 of a second away and haven't finished the bolts on's and I can still upgrade some, and still running a stock cam. I'll see how far in the 13s I can run with bolts then slap a cam in the ol lq9 and watch her run a 12 or bust, and heck might even plumb a nitrous kit and see what she'll do. My real goal with the truck is to swap the engine out with my ls3 I have sitting in the garage. But I feel I gotta do this first for all the SS fans.

Anyways I'm gonna get some sleep, just got off work. Working nights on weekends sucks, missed the chance of watching some street races with a few fast trucks, one which was 500 rwhp plus direct port n20 w/ anywhere from 200 shot on up.

Oh and I plan to run a 10 second pass, and I have no plans for a 4 link.

I also wanna see how far into the 13's you can get with heads and cam myself. You must have some really good air at your track. We have a ton of humidity here in South Fla.

My only goal is to run a 12 second pass with the stock long block lq9. I haven't seen anyone report here say that it's been done with an SS.

How do you mean stock?

I've seen someone run 11.40 on N2O and a stall....so it's def. been done.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

How do you mean stock?

I've seen someone run 11.40 on N2O and a stall....so it's def. been done.

Stock longblock N/A is right, cam only is my goal.

N that's right, GI your running stock heads still right? If he is, I'm sure he'll pull off a 12 second pass stating n/a.