Bye Bye Lightning.

2xss

So I have had my SS for a couple months now, haven't done much to it yet, but I was getting on interstate the other day with a Lightning following close behind, got to top of ramp, slid over a lane , so did he, nailed the throttle, so did he, but I left him in the dust! let off around 85 or so, and he did all he could to catch up, just long enough to get beside me and give me the thumbs up! I love this truck!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GJ thos little trucks do get up and move i test drove one once, as i was getting on the interstate the sales man told me to get on it, so i put it to the floor and was drifting on the on ramp. his face was priceless. he might have poo'ed himself

Well if my truck is modded, I don't know how, only has 50k on it, and appears stock...and very well kept and clean, I am 2nd owner...

it is a true story, he could not keep up, and what I saw of it, it looked legit...

I had the same story a while back. Had a lightning on the interstate and every time we would go I would pull on him. Ever so slightly but enough to just keep pulling away. I caught the same flak when I posted about it. On the books there is no way it would seem. I had the same experience though. Maybe we are playing with some broke ass lightnings.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

Stock to stock they are a tad faster. Only truck I ever lost to but it was highly modd'ed. Love to run one to see how I stacked up. Nice Kill.

stock for stock a full second in the 1/4 is a little more than just a tad. Anyway I've taken my truck to the track and it ran about what a stock truck should run, I lose to stuff all the time that's not as fast as a lightning.

Edited by poopnewton (see edit history)

Lightnings can run a high 13 with the right weather and driver. So yeah there a tad faster. Most don't tho. For what they are they run good and weigh less than we do. Hp to weight ratio is what racing comes down to. I always have said you can slap a blower on a turd and make is faster. That's what ford has always done.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

Not trying to start anything, a "fresh" 06 Rwd SS running against a "rode hard and put away wet" 1999 lighting is always a very real possibility.

The 06 are the quickest SSS's off the factory floor. My truck with tuning, and no major bolt ons has produced better quarter mike times than my friends tired 03 SSS with a cam and blower. Not saying I've beat a L, just saying that there are a lot of tired sport trucks out there these days.

Whenever we hear these stories, some guys around here turn into mr. Street race and pulls up stock vs stock times by professional drivers off of car and drivers website. Just saying.

Not trying to start anything, a "fresh" 06 Rwd SS running against a "rode hard and put away wet" 1999 lighting is always a very real possibility.

The 06 are the quickest SSS's off the factory floor. My truck with tuning, and no major bolt ons has produced better quarter mike times than my friends tired 03 SSS with a cam and blower. Not saying I've beat a L, just saying that there are a lot of tired sport trucks out there these days.

Whenever we hear these stories, some guys around here turn into mr. Street race and pulls up stock vs stock times by professional drivers off of car and drivers website. Just saying.

Care to elaborate on this statement? My interest is piqued