MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

Awesome! Keep me posted!

His name is josh. He lives in anchorage with Matt and was talking a big game. His truck is an absolute beast, but I think he's underestimating the ol 370. He has a 408 and a jakes level 5 4L80. Trans brake, the works. He plans on a 400 shot of spray out of the hole. Gonna be a hard truck to beat.

LOL, this is funny. He lives in Anchorage not with me though lol (the way you worded that). His truck is definitely fast I went for a short ride in it this past summer and was pretty impressed with it, that was without spray and I'm not sure if it was fully tuned but it ran out really good. This should be pretty fun to see.

Okay.. Yeah I figured I'd run the skeletal case rather than the waterproof case. Get better sound quality. I was going to stick it to my hood or to my fender. Seen some cool youtube vids of guys doing the same and it looks pretty good

Im curious on the ls3 alternator and steering pump, why did you picked those up too? Do you need all the ls3 accesories to run the 2300? But nice build and truck! Cant wait till you fire it up, i just love the sound the 2300 makes!

Im curious on the ls3 alternator and steering pump, why did you picked those up too? Do you need all the ls3 accesories to run the 2300? But nice build and truck! Cant wait till you fire it up, i just love the sound the 2300 makes!

Dammit disregard, i skipped the page with this info already lol. keep it up man shut them ford owners mouth and teach them a thing or two, we have plenty of those here too

Not a huge update here. But more parts are showing up

-RX forced induction catch can

-Wideband and boost gauge

-Melling High Volume+Pressure Pump

-Varimax PWM 720LPH intercooler pump

image_zps8a2b0413.jpg

I bought the can/gauges for a good deal, and dont need the gauges. SO... If anyone needs a wideband and boost gauge, let me know! I can do $250shipped. Lol.

They're black when the vehicle is off. When turned on, they do a full sweep test.. They're white faced during the day and blue at night. Let me know if anyone wants them.Brand new in box with receipt. If not, ill throw them back up on Camaro5 where i got them. Lol.

Looks like some nice stuff! Never heard of that I/C pump before, does it offer any benefits to the older MP122 setups like what I have? I assume more flow=cooler temps?

Well, the bosch pump you have is a great pump. And im not sure if youd see noticable differences with changing to a bigger pump. The bosch is used on lots of factory supercharged vehicles (lightning, cobalt SS, etc). The reason im running an upgraded pump is because of the massive heat exchanger im going to run and the big 7/8" lines. I also have a 1gallon reservoir. So less chance of heat soak at a long day at the track. Plus ill have 2 10" puller fans.

Here is some awesome info Lingenfelter provided after doing lots of testing with other pumps if you want to learn more.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforumfiles/showthread.php?2029-Intercooler-pump-flow-testing-results

And some pics of my HC and fans (sample image. Mine hasnt arrived yet. Lol)

photo1_zpscc87c9a8.jpg

photo2_zps3fee6d44.jpg

Also did some more polishing. Polished my LS3 Alternator bracket, powersteering bracket, fuel rails, started on my water pump.. Ill get pics soon. This is the only pic i have. just comparing the raw aluminum rail on the right, to the newly polished one on the left.

s_zps3c53a70a.jpg

And a close up of the polished rail.

x_zps3e1606ce.jpg

The powdercoater is out of town for a week, but when he gets back, ill have everything cleared and baked. This will help keep fingerprints off and overall be easier to keep clean.

At first i had my doubts about how the internal water pump seals would hold up when being baked at 400 degrees, but after some reading, seems like people do it all the time with no issues.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

That blower is the wrong color! Polish that bissshhh! Great work!

All of these polished parts are starting to look so nice... Ive been considering polishing the blower too.. I picked up some Aviation Paint Stripper. I took off the front bracket i wont be using, to use as a test piece. I brushed on a bunch of stripper and wraped the bracket in a plastic bag. After a few hours of letting the black powdercoat bubble off, ill wipe it down and start wetsanding and polishing. If it comes out looking pretty decent, ill go ahead and do the whole blower.. I think all this polished aluminum with blue accents should look pretty good when its done. I guess we'll see how this test piece goes..

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Good info on the pump, now I understand that head exchanger is massive!

I'm always a fan of polished stuff, how are you going about polishing your various pieces? Bench buffer or are you doing it by hand? Also that blower would look awesome polished surrounded by the arrival blue truck.