Raced a rumble bee and 6 speed T/A

BLOWN SS/T

So I was out a local spot hanging to meet up with some friends and they brought out some f body's.

I'm smoking a cigar and a rumble bee and brand new camaro pull up, and the guy is asking if anyone wants to race the camaro. I take a closer look and it's a brand new zl1, and I know my buddy's in the fbodys aren't setup to street race but shit did I wish I had my T/A I woulda walked out of there with a big smile :)

So of course we weren't gonna get anything setup they even asked if I wanted to race it in my SS, I said I'll race it but it's gonna be a waste of time. I woulda mounted the slicks (I've had them in the bed with a jack since the track last week just haven't driven the truck) and raced from a dig to have an advantage.

To make it fair what about the ram, they said it's all stock but they were up for it. So we take off and they wanna do some roll races I don't mind since I wouldn't hook on the street tires anyways from a dig.

First run we go from about 40 or so and I pull on him and then let go all while he's still on the gas and when I see him get closer I smash again and take the lead.

We then go for a 2nd run from about 20mph and I light up the rear tires in smoke and get sideways so that was a wasted run lol

3rd run the guy in the ram is dropping the gear for whatever reason and we go from about a 25-30 roll and I spun Alittle and he takes the lead and the guy is in front of me the whole time by about a truck or less length till I reach about 85-90mph and I start to reel him in really quickly and pass him.

So a friend of mine has a Daytona ram which is the same as the rumble bee just different decals lol and I remember my buddy in his nnbs 4.8 Rcsb raced the Daytona and the outcome for that ram was ugly. But I got this stock rumble that's doing really well up against my truck.

We pull over and talk to the guys for Alittle bit and he still says the truck is stock and how he just bought it with 6k miles from an old guy, he even pops the hood but it's to dark to look I could see dust all over the engine. He said he had plans to supercharge it and all the guys with them had new 14' mustangs and the zl1 was gonna get heads and cam soon.

Well anyways that ran kicked ass, I have a new grand Cherokee with the 5.7 hemi and it doesn't run like that lol

I ended up racing my buddy's t/a, it's the ls1 m6, lid, LT's ORY and exhaust with a dyno tuned, out at a local spot we use to race on a lot. This is just for fun I have no intentions on beating a t-56 car in my brick. I know I have a aerodynamics, mph, and weight to power ratio all against me.

So still I have a my slicks and jack in the bed and a buddy that's about +320lbs in the passenger seat lol. We try a run from a dig and I try leaving slowly and I still break loose and truck shifting into 2nd gear is breaks them loose again and the T/A gets sideways when he puts the car into 2nd gear. So we end up trying a roll race from about 20mph and I get the jumping him and were side to side till I'm gonna guess after he shifted into 3rd gear and he starts to quickly leave me lol

I also raced an mk6 gti wv about 2-3weeks ago. I didn't think much of it but he wanted to do roll races, and from about a 30 stab we take off and he jumps before me takes the win by about half car length. Then we try a second time from about 20mph and I move out on this run and manage to stay out in front of him by about a fender length or so. Later the guy tells me has a downpipe, intake, and tune, these cars run high 12s to mid 13s with those mods.

I might have some video of these runs I'll ask my buddy to send me what he has.

But I'll post this link, it's the street I raced the T/A on, really cool spot I use to run my T/A here against a lot of high 10 second cars. Enjoy

Oh almost forgot, I freinds co worker f body too. It's maybe a 2000, and has a 6.0 swap lq4 with 243 heads and had an ms3 cam but swapped out for a 212/218. We go for a race from a dig and I'm ahead of him and he starts to come up on me but the road got ugly and shit was scary so we ended it at that.