408 stroker build

hello, I am just finshing up my 408 stroker for my 2003 Silverado SS turbo and I am just wondering if anyone makes an aftermarket oil pan that fits the AWD trucks? Also does anyone make a good water pump; electric or not that fits the truck brackets. I have electric fans as well. Just thought that these might be some nice finishing touches. If there is any other advise it would be great too. Thanks

I have got alot of money into it already, so whats a bit more, I just have not found a water pump that fits with the truck bracket. Also I was going to do the oil pan pretty much just for looks, but i havnt heard of any that fit with AWDs

I have got alot of money into it already, so whats a bit more, I just have not found a water pump that fits with the truck bracket. Also I was going to do the oil pan pretty much just for looks, but i havnt heard of any that fit with AWDs

Also I was going to do the oil pan pretty much just for looks, but i havnt heard of any that fit with AWDs

I am having a lot of my motor parts powder coated. Maybe try painting or coating the pan to make it look good.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

The other benefit with a different oil pan would be one with trap doors and a windage tray. The doors will allow oil to stay at the pump while launching or braking hard and not have the pump suck air. The windage tray will help keep sloshing of the oil and stop the oil from getting foamy with air and the crank throwing it around. I havent seen one for our truck, it might have to be a custom made pan.

I do agree, your spending money on having the motor built so why not do it the right way the first time.

As for a electric water pump, the HP it frees up, but also the amount of fluid that you can have flow thru it is a big benefit especially when you are running the motor hard.

You dont need anything to mount the pump. Here was a group buy. The pump mouints and doesnt disrupt anything. It comes with a new idler and allows the belt routing to stay the same.

Heres the info and a write up.

http://www.silveradoss.net/yaf_postst277_Meziere-Electric-Water-Pumps---FREE-Shipping-This-Weekend.aspx#post1098

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow Sniper had made some adapters to make the water pump work for the truck setup from memory. You should send him a pm on it. As for the oil pan you could check to see if the oil pan from the new Camaro or G8 would clear the front diff. They hold a considerable amount more oil and still have the quality of it being a factory part. I would recommend an auxillary front mount oil cooler to the system if you were looking to improve the oiling system. That would be a sure improvement for summer running with strong valve springs. Have you looked into piston squirters also?