Spanked a Ram with my new 80...YEAH!

rcapone

Pulled up along side of a couple of kids in a Dodge 3/4 ton just a little while ago in a 45 mph zone. I was minding my own business but I guess the looks and sound of my SS makes others want to try me out - and trust me, I'm always game! Anyway, they got on it a little and weaved in and out of traffic showing off, so I got up behind them at a light, he stomped on it, I stomped on it and drove right around 'em...even with my slow ass 80 outta the hole! Gave me a boost of confidence because it's so much slower than my old 60. :rolleyes:

Nice kill. You enjoying the 4l80 swap?

I haven't driven it very much since the swap, so I guess the PCM needs to get to know the trans. a bit more because it shifts a little weird sometimes. I'm sure once that happens and Zippy does a little fine tuning it will be just fine. It has awesome power after first gear though.

Way to go Randy. Messed up their night. :jester:

Yeah Buddy! They were cool about it...pulled up next to me at the next light and complimented me on the truck. Kinda made feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

That's awesome man! I didn't know you did the swap already! Great work!

Thanks Brandon! It really wasn't that difficult - I have a build thread posted w/pics, part #'s, etc.

Hell yeah!!! Nice Kill bro!

Thanks Muggs! She hasn't disappointed me yet!

Nice kill. I don't get much action around here anymore I guess the word is out on ol Blue :)

Thanks Jason, sorry to hear the no action on that sweet ride you have. I get action up here all the damn time...even had a 70+ yr. old dude line up next to me in a Caddy about a month ago. Got him off the line too for a 2 or 300' then he blew me away, but I expected he would since it was the newer model with the fat tires (maybe the supercharged model, but not sure) - wish I had my blower on then!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

I'd love to race an srt truck. I don't see any around here. I've ran a srt jeep and wasn't embarrassed at all even thou he sprayed me with a 125 shot. I'd love to run him without the spray to see what happened :) bet it would be a little diffrent outcome

I've raced a srt quad cab. My truck is mainly stock. Had him off the line and kept about a truck and a half on him. Now the regular cab 6 speed I believe would be a different story. Wouldn't have to have a decent amount done for a factory silverado SS to hang.

Now hemi rams I have figured out are a waste of my gas. I beat them across the board.

My friend has a Dakota rt with a lot done. Just mean heads intake the works. He has probably put 5 to 6 grand into it and can't break 13.7 in the quarter. I laugh at him on a daily basis.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

I've raced a srt quad cab. My truck is mainly stock. Had him off the line and kept about a truck and a half on him. Now the regular cab 6 speed I believe would be a different story. Wouldn't have to have a decent amount done for a factory silverado SS to hang.

Now hemi rams I have figured out are a waste of my gas. I beat them across the board.

My friend has a Dakota rt with a lot done. Just mean heads intake the works. He has probably put 5 to 6 grand into it and can't break 13.7 in the quarter. I laugh at him on a daily basis.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

That's funny as hell. I want to run the Rcsb srt. Hear with a good driver they are mid 13's so that would put us really close.

I raced a rcsb srt and had him tell about 70. Put when he went buy me I wasn't to impressed. Still a pretty fast truck though

With the power they make I'm not impressed but I give them props for putting some balls in a Rcsb. I wish chevy would. I'm assuming with the times I've run I should be 13.4 to 13.6 range. I've beat a lot of stuff I shouldn't have because the driver couldn't drive lol. Awd point and Go lol.