Steering wheel controls not working, and air bag warning light on!

Might want to check with Time2Kill. That is where I bought mine from. If you buy one brand new its going to be expensive.

Did you install the clock spring after you bought it, just wondering so you could give me a step by step process on how to change it. And could you put the link of where you bought the clock spring.

Edited by Buck_ss03 (see edit history)

http://www.jrrod2004.com/silverado/clockspringswap.html Here is a write up I found a while back that someone did. Very detailed. Should be everything you need to know. Also, I attached a pic of an extra clockspring I have so you know exactly what you're looking at.

H

post-8854-0-04661100-1391491378_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1BAD2K (see edit history)

• 5 years later...

I have the same issue on a 2004 chevy z71 tahoe. Here is the catch the steering shaft and nothing on the steering column has ever been removed. Air bag light on. Steering wheel controls dont work. Horn works perfectly fine. Only thing thats ever been done is a engine swap.

Edited by SSuperNova1972
More info (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Trying to figure out which clockspring I have. My steering wheel has radio controls and the buttons for the information screen where the odometer is but not cruise control 

Guess nobodies going to answer me

Trying to figure out which clockspring I have. My steering wheel has radio controls and the buttons for the information screen where the odometer is but not cruise control