Steering wheel controls not working, and air bag warning light on!

Okay recently after putting my long tube headers my air bag light came on my dash, and controls on my steering wheel did not function. Lights on steering wheel wouldn't turn on, radio controls, has and mileage buttons either. I thought maybe the steering wheel went bad, so went to a junkyard and bought a 2005 suburban steering wheel. Exact same as my original.

After taking mine out and putting in my new/used one the controls for the radio still did not work, but the gas and mileage ones did (basically the bottom ones worked not the top buttons). The air bag light was still on my dash and my dash center telling me to service it.

I have no idea what it could be if anyone could give me an insight on what it could be I would greatly appreciate it thanks!!!

You have a SIR clock spring right behind the steering wheel. It has 2 to 3 sets of connectors coming out of it, it sounds like you broke yours during the header install. When you get a new one make sure that your wheels are pointed straight ahead and don't rotate the new clock spring. All of you steering controls, horn and your airbag wiring go threw this clock spring. If the steering wheel is rotated while the i-shaft is disconnected it will snap the small wire wound up inside the clock spring...

Its not very hard. If you have removed the steering wheel you are almost there! Make sure your wheels are pointed straight ahead and remove the steering wheel. Next remove the upper and lower steering column covers. Next you will need small snap ring pliers to remove one snap ring.Then the clock spring will start to come off the column. Last remove the wire connectors and reverse the order to reinstall.

Its not very hard. If you have removed the steering wheel you are almost there! Make sure your wheels are pointed straight ahead and remove the steering wheel. Next remove the upper and lower steering column covers. Next you will need small snap ring pliers to remove one snap ring.Then the clock spring will start to come off the column. Last remove the wire connectors and reverse the order to reinstall.

Where can I find the clock spring at for a good price?? I'm gonna give it a try and fix the original steering wheel clock spring since it's out the truck already be a lot easier and faster.