Using a 160 stat in cold weather the facts

SmalltownSS

I put a 160 stat in my truck this summer and was worried that my heater would not blow hot enough.... I wasn't able to find a solid answer online so I decided to leave it in to see if it would work. We have had 3-4 weeks of -30 to -38C (-22 to -36F) and the heater worked fine, just kept it cranked up, was comfortable in a t-shirt cruising Down the highway! Hopefully this information will be useful to somebody in the northern states or Canada thinking about doing a stat.

I put a 160 stat in my truck this summer and was worried that my heater would not blow hot enough.... I wasn't able to find a solid answer online so I decided to leave it in to see if it would work. We have had 3-4 weeks of -30 to -38C (-22 to -36F) and the heater worked fine, just kept it cranked up, was comfortable in a t-shirt cruising Down the highway! Hopefully this information will be useful to somebody in the northern states or Canada thinking about doing a stat.

Thanks for this post. I stressed over this exact thing before going with the 160* therm. Lowest temps we see here are daytime highs in the +20's but my heater has always been just barely adequate. The 160* didn't seem to hurt the heater performance but now, with your insight, I am thinking that I really need to look into the heater system more. (Both heater core hoses do seem to get to the same temp).