How To: Bumper Mod

MID12sSSS

Just did this today to a members truck and instead of cutting the side bumper brackets simply swap the left side to the right mad vise versa and it raises the bolt hole 1" higher.

Nice catch! :thumbs:

• 11 months later...

Well, I tried to use the search bar to locate some older threads, but they weren't coming up. Not sure if the search function is working correctly. I noticed that my "view new content" button was also acting strange. I have been having to use google to locate old threads, because the search function was just bringing up recent threads.. Anyway, I had to dig through pages of my content to find some old threads I wanted to revisit. I stumbled across this and figured I'd give it a bump for all the new members.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I love this bumper mod, I haven't had my truck but for maybe 2 months now and look at that gap everyday. I can't stand it, glad to see there is a pretty easy way to fill it. Definitely on my to do list!!

I love this bumper mod, I haven't had my truck but for maybe 2 months now and look at that gap everyday. I can't stand it, glad to see there is a pretty easy way to fill it. Definitely on my to do list!!

Makes a huge difference! :thumbs:

Appearance is much improved.

I'm on 4 months and do the same every day as well!

Other mods have taken up my time, this is slated for when i return from Dubai in a few weeks.

EDIT: OR today if i drink to much caffeine and skip chorus around the house.

Edited by marcello7x (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Got her done today. Simple and easy mod especially since you can just swap left and right side brackets. Don't understand why this wasn't done right from factory and what the purpose of the huge gap was for in the first place.

• 5 months later...