TVS 1900/2300 or 112/122?

Yep! I too had the radix and became udderly obsessed with the feel of a roots blower. I am now in the process of building a jackshaft 2300 setup for my forged 370. Gonna boost it to the limits. :peelout:

Have fun with the 1900! Make a build thread when you start making progress. Guys around here feed off pics of good builds.

Yep. For the small price difference, the 1900 wouldn't hurt. I'm a fan of the 112 as I've had it on my truck for quite some time. These show up used for around $3500 pretty often. They make good power but require a few mods to make it more efficient. Ray ^^(supersub) offers a plenum spacer for both the 112 and 2300. I'm sure he makes one for the 1900 as well, or he'll be able to hook you up with one if he doesn't have any on hand.

The issue everyone seems to be having with the 112 is the issues with high IATs once you pulley down far enough to start making 8psi or so. It becomes a heat fan. The plenum spacer really helped lower IATs and in return making more horsepower. This is a must for any Magnuson, but absolutely essential IMO on the 112. So the 112 + the price of the spacer and maybe the 90mm Jtube and some other mods to the 112, you'd be at the price for the 1900. Don't get me wrong, both blowers are great, but the 1900 is obviously a bit bigger and therefore will move more air. Also, like said above, the 1900 and 2300 offer the TVS front drive/ front inlet design, which is more efficient than the old front drive rear inlet. So overall, I'd say if you're paying the price for a brand new unit, I'd say buy the 1900.

If you're interested in even more power, the 2300 is the blower of choice. The truck style blower is a great bolt on unit just like the 1900, but again, is a bit bigger. 2.3L.... Most import's motors don't even have that much displacement. If you don't mind paying the price, the 2300 is an outstanding supercharger. They'll make awesome power with supporting mods and adequate fueling. And as said above, with any of these units, it's never a bad idea to put some money into the transmission as well. Some servos and a shift kit at the least, and if you want to get the most out of it, a new converter to compliment the powerband, and maybe some red eagle clutches or some upgraded hard parts.

And my rambling is about over. One more blower to cover.. The jackshaft style 2300. This thing is an animal. With the design of a front drive, to a jackshaft driving 2 pulleys on the rear, you have the ability to overdrive the system. While you can always run a 10% OD crank damper to spin any of these blowers 10% faster, the 2300 also offers a overdrive for the rear pulleys. By running a overdriven cog system on the rear, and accompanied by the 10% OD damper, it not uncommon to see 800hp, or even 1016hp, as Joe from Left Coast 32 has done on his 376 LSX. Also, buy overdriving the rear pulleys on the jackshaft blower, you're able to run a bigger pulley on the front, resulting in more belt wrap and less slip. Most front drive superchargers have issues with belt slip as smaller pulleys are ran to achieve higher boost. This slip results in lost power. An 8rib kit and HD Tensioner can help decrease slip, but slip is virtually non existent with a jackshaft, unless of course you pulley it down to about a 2.8" pulley. But with a pulley that small, you'd probably see 24psi in a 364ci motor, and it'd probably end in a catastrophic event. You'd need a very well built motor with forged internals to withstand those levels. I've seen as much as 20psi in a stock block, but it usually doesn't last very long. That type of abuse requires internal mods, and can get expensive fast. While the 112 and 1900 bolt right up, the 2300 requires the use of square port heads, opposed to our cathedral port heads. So on top of the $7500 for the blower, $1K-$2K in heads, $1K-$2K in swapping the accessory drive to work with the jackshaft, the $500-$1K on upgrading the fuel system to support 800hp or more, the transmission upgrades, the forged engine internals to withstand the abuse... It can get very expensive very fast, as the jackshaft is very far from a "bolt on kit". L8ERBRO and I are both going with this setup. I'm about finished gathering parts for the swap. Just a few more orders and a few more months of time and I'll be done. Lol. Anyway, rant over. Decide how much power you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend, and order up one of these blowers! Have fun modding and keep us posted!

where do you buy the blower at and the parts to install it I've looked all over the web. Also are you talking about the l92 heads?

where do you buy the blower at and the parts to install it I've looked all over the web. Also are you talking about the l92 heads?

The TVS 2300 Jackshaft Hot Rod Kit is made specifically for your application directly from Magnuson. It comes as a complete kit but you will need to have a charge tube custom made due to the pulley system.

The TVS 2300 Jackshaft Hot Rod Kit is made specifically for your application directly from Magnuson. It comes as a complete kit but you will need to have a charge tube custom made due to the pulley system.

this whole thing is still new to me I have 0 experience with blowers. So don't get mad this maybe a newbie question. What is a charge tube and where can I get one made? I plan on doing a 408 this fall and adding the 2300 down the road. I wanna get into the 800 horse range or do you think I can get there on a stock bottom end?

There is a large round intake hole in the front of the blower. One end of the Charge Tube connects to that and the other to your CAI box. I'd say you'll definitely need boost to get where you want to be in the HP range too. As far as getting one made is concerned, I'm still looking into that myself so you'll probably have to do a little research on that. You can have one custom made by a metal fabricator out of Aluminum or have one injection molded from plastic.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

the OBS gm cold air intake kit is a perfect start for charge tubes on these kits. its what I have used

Will this work for the jackshaft style as well? I was going to order up a 4" aluminum air to air tubing kit with some 90*s and straights, fire up the Tig and have one welded up. 90mm TB to Volant CAI box. Ill be bugging you for a 1/2 plenum spacer and possibly a 102mm flange as soon as my 112 sells. Then I'll have some more modding money. :thumbs:

Yes. The L92/LS3 rectangle port heads are what you'll need. The L92 are good heads. Not a bad idea to put some good stainless valves in. Or you can get a set of LS3 heads that have hollow (lighter) intake valves. LSA heads are also an option. From what I've read, they're made with a different aluminum alloy to resist warping and lifting. They come on the ZL1 supercharged camaro, so they were built with boost in mind.

My plan is GMPP CNC LS3 heads with Manley SS valves and Manley .650 springs with titanium retainers, and I know just where to get them ;) Just need to come up with $1700. :lol: My max lift on my BTR custom grind is .610, so i will be just fine with this set up.

• 1 month later...

You may have already bought it, but there was a time when the 2300 was only $500 more than the 1900 and it is quite a bit more blower to start with. Not only will it run lower IAT's to make the same boost level, but leaves alot more room to grow. Even better is down the road if you ever sell the blower a 2300 holds it's value considerably better than the 1900. The 2300 will work on anything from a 4.8L to a 7.0L and be fine with it. The 1900 becomes small once you begin to modify even a 6.0L. People have made big dyno numbers with the 1900, but they don't translate when taken to the track because they are out of their efficiency range. One local guy here for example made over 700WHP with a 1900 and ran 12's in his 4000lb car with it. When it comes to superchargers it's like buying the truck itself. Don't buy the truck with a 4.8L and then modify it when you could have bought a 6.0L to start with. The bigger blower gives lower IAT's, more room to grow, way higher resale value, and more power boost for boost than the small blower.

Anyone interested in a Jackshaft style 2300, check Camaro5.com classifieds. There's atleast one a week. There was a deal last week with a 2300, plenum spacer, 8rib kit, 80# injectors, 102mm TB, ect etc for $5000!!!! The polished version is also common enough if you're set on getting that one. Just expect to pay $2-3K more. Also seen a few whipple popping up. But yeah, this is the place to shop. Just be forwarded. The blower is just the biggining. It is FAR from being bolt on. In in the middle of this swap myself and have about $6K into parts, not including the $4500 blower. Lol. Gotta pay to play I guess.