TVS 1900/2300 or 112/122?

Hey guys, I've been reading a lot on superchargers and i've decided for what I want supercharged would be the best for what I want out of my truck. Right now it is my only truck but down the road it won't be. Not much for track stuff here in ND so mainly just want a pretty fast street truck to maybe take to a track in the future for fun. You can read my sig, but I think i'm about ready to supercharge it. My main mods are e-fans, hd-2c shift kit, vette servo, 4th billet servo, aluminum acc. pistons, 1 7/8" ARH long tubes with high flow cats, dynomax x-flow muffler duals, CAI, plugs and wires, and zippy tune. My main question to you guys out there with either of these superchargers is which would you recommend for my set up? I'm debating between the tvs 1900/2300 or mp112/122. I've read up on both of these and what i've got out of it is that the new tvs is more efficient. Is that all? Also since I have a 2003 what exactly do I need to do for fuel system setup and would this come in either of the kits? Just wanting some opinions here if thats cool with you guys.

Thanks- Lyndon

It also depends on how much $ you have to spend. The 2300 Jackshaft is $7,500.00, the regular 2300 is $6.600.00 and the 1900 is $5,900.00...not sure about the other models. The advantage of the jackshaft 2300 over the other models is the pulley system. It has the potential of 20+ psi depending on the pulley set up you choose. Sounds to me like the 1900 would work great for you.

Also, you should consider either a trans upgrade or 80e swap IMO

Ok. I figured either the 112 or tvs 1900 would work. I'm thinking of the tvs1900. For the extra $700 or so I've heard its more efficient than the 112 correct me if i'm wrong. right around that 6000 range is about right for me I don't think I want to spend over that. My trans does have a shift kit and servos and aluminum acc. pistons. I'm thinking it should be fine for a while? seems to be what most people are running. I plan on running this transmission with the uprgrades it has in it until it shits the bed and just save up for an 80e or built 65e. I could be wrong, but with the upgrades i have it should last me a decent while. I don't drive this truck every day, but when I do drive it i guess i'm not THAT easy on it :driving:

For what you want and probably ever need unless you want to go 11.5 or less in the 1/4 is the 112/122 or 1900... A complete 112 can be had for 3-4K and an 03' SSS will need a inline fuel pump or upgrade the internal... The maggies come with and use 42# injectors which is all you need for your setup... If you ever need more info PM me as I have and am doing everything to my MP112 Plus I am your neighbor here in MN LOL

Ok. I figured either the 112 or tvs 1900 would work. I'm thinking of the tvs1900. For the extra $700 or so I've heard its more efficient than the 112 correct me if i'm wrong. right around that 6000 range is about right for me I don't think I want to spend over that. My trans does have a shift kit and servos and aluminum acc. pistons. I'm thinking it should be fine for a while? seems to be what most people are running. I plan on running this transmission with the uprgrades it has in it until it shits the bed and just save up for an 80e or built 65e. I could be wrong, but with the upgrades i have it should last me a decent while. I don't drive this truck every day, but when I do drive it i guess i'm not THAT easy on it :driving:

You should be okay for a while with the trans. you have now if the truck's not your DD. The trans. that's in my truck now is built just about like yours but I'm choosing to do the 80e swap before adding the jackshaft blower. Trust me, it pains me more than you'll know to spend all that money on the 80 swap. I so wanted to do the blower first, but I know I'll roast the one that's in it the way I drive, and mine's not a DD either!

For what you want and probably ever need unless you want to go 11.5 or less in the 1/4 is the 112/122 or 1900... A complete 112 can be had for 3-4K and an 03' SSS will need a inline fuel pump or upgrade the internal... The maggies come with and use 42# injectors which is all you need for your setup... If you ever need more info PM me as I have and am doing everything to my MP112 Plus I am your neighbor here in MN LOL

you should bring her by the shop so I can see her lol

Ray

you should bring her by the shop so I can see her lol

Ray

Yes sir... Once this spring rolls around I'll pull her out of storage and take a trip down... PM me your shop address and what times you are open or after hours too... I have family down there so I can spend the night...I also have a 2" beltech lowering shackles and some 2500 HD keys for the front I'd like to install, but need a shop with a lift LOL..

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

bump....Anybody have some knowledge on the difference between the mp112 and the tvs1900?? I'm trying to decide which one would be the best for my truck. So far I've seen the tvs1900 for 5950 and the mp112 for 5250. These are both brand new. I haven't been able to find the tvs1900 for the 03. It says 04 to 07. Is the only reason for this because of the 03 fuel system needing to be upgraded first? Anybody with some supercharger knowledge, your help would be greatly appreciated. I just wanna make a decision between either one of these as I think they would both make enough power for me. Also if anybody knows do these both come with the fuel system upgrades I'd need or do I have to get that separate? Thanks guys

Yep. For the small price difference, the 1900 wouldn't hurt. I'm a fan of the 112 as I've had it on my truck for quite some time. These show up used for around $3500 pretty often. They make good power but require a few mods to make it more efficient. Ray ^^(supersub) offers a plenum spacer for both the 112 and 2300. I'm sure he makes one for the 1900 as well, or he'll be able to hook you up with one if he doesn't have any on hand.

The issue everyone seems to be having with the 112 is the issues with high IATs once you pulley down far enough to start making 8psi or so. It becomes a heat fan. The plenum spacer really helped lower IATs and in return making more horsepower. This is a must for any Magnuson, but absolutely essential IMO on the 112. So the 112 + the price of the spacer and maybe the 90mm Jtube and some other mods to the 112, you'd be at the price for the 1900. Don't get me wrong, both blowers are great, but the 1900 is obviously a bit bigger and therefore will move more air. Also, like said above, the 1900 and 2300 offer the TVS front drive/ front inlet design, which is more efficient than the old front drive rear inlet. So overall, I'd say if you're paying the price for a brand new unit, I'd say buy the 1900.

If you're interested in even more power, the 2300 is the blower of choice. The truck style blower is a great bolt on unit just like the 1900, but again, is a bit bigger. 2.3L.... Most import's motors don't even have that much displacement. If you don't mind paying the price, the 2300 is an outstanding supercharger. They'll make awesome power with supporting mods and adequate fueling. And as said above, with any of these units, it's never a bad idea to put some money into the transmission as well. Some servos and a shift kit at the least, and if you want to get the most out of it, a new converter to compliment the powerband, and maybe some red eagle clutches or some upgraded hard parts.

And my rambling is about over. One more blower to cover.. The jackshaft style 2300. This thing is an animal. With the design of a front drive, to a jackshaft driving 2 pulleys on the rear, you have the ability to overdrive the system. While you can always run a 10% OD crank damper to spin any of these blowers 10% faster, the 2300 also offers a overdrive for the rear pulleys. By running a overdriven cog system on the rear, and accompanied by the 10% OD damper, it not uncommon to see 800hp, or even 1016hp, as Joe from Left Coast 32 has done on his 376 LSX. Also, buy overdriving the rear pulleys on the jackshaft blower, you're able to run a bigger pulley on the front, resulting in more belt wrap and less slip. Most front drive superchargers have issues with belt slip as smaller pulleys are ran to achieve higher boost. This slip results in lost power. An 8rib kit and HD Tensioner can help decrease slip, but slip is virtually non existent with a jackshaft, unless of course you pulley it down to about a 2.8" pulley. But with a pulley that small, you'd probably see 24psi in a 364ci motor, and it'd probably end in a catastrophic event. You'd need a very well built motor with forged internals to withstand those levels. I've seen as much as 20psi in a stock block, but it usually doesn't last very long. That type of abuse requires internal mods, and can get expensive fast. While the 112 and 1900 bolt right up, the 2300 requires the use of square port heads, opposed to our cathedral port heads. So on top of the $7500 for the blower, $1K-$2K in heads, $1K-$2K in swapping the accessory drive to work with the jackshaft, the $500-$1K on upgrading the fuel system to support 800hp or more, the transmission upgrades, the forged engine internals to withstand the abuse... It can get very expensive very fast, as the jackshaft is very far from a "bolt on kit". L8ERBRO and I are both going with this setup. I'm about finished gathering parts for the swap. Just a few more orders and a few more months of time and I'll be done. Lol. Anyway, rant over. Decide how much power you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend, and order up one of these blowers! Have fun modding and keep us posted!