iPad mini installed with great pics!

Thank you for the compliments.

A JVC head unit was used along with the proper harnesses and interface pieces. All the factory stuff still works like the steering wheel buttons, door chime and such. I've got a Phoenix Gold Titanium Series 5 channel amp hiding in the center console. The amp runs Morel speakers front and rear as well as a single 8" Kicker L7 hidden under the rear seat. The interior looks completely factory other than a tiny Morel badge on the front tweeters.

Almost forgot one cool thing. I can start the truck using the iPad too. My truck has Viper Smart Start and I've got the app on my iPhone and that iPad mini. It lets you start/stop the engine and lock/unlock doors. Not that I need to use it when I'm in the truck but it's a cool trick.

Well here is the kit I used for a buddies sierra http://shop.soundmanca.com/new-ipad-mini-side-slider%E2%84%A2-kit/dp/14 , Some fab knowledge is needed , And no, you do not need a headunit, if i ever do it to my ss ill do a write up if some one else doesn't beat me

And are you able to run just iPad and still use steering controls? Or is that why your running a head unit?

Lol my excuse to get this done is gonna be for weight reduction, shoot an iPad mini weighs less then a double din.

Hope this helps http://www.soundmanca.com/ipad-mini-vehicle-car-mount-dash-installation/how-to-install-an-ipad-in-your-cars-dashboard

• 2 weeks later...