Official 2006 production numbers and summary of 2003-2007

06-SSS

damn, great work on the numbers! nice to have it all in one place now

edit. i have an 05..so if i call Vintage Vehicle Service, they can give me an official report of 05 SS numbers, as they did with your 06?

No worries!

Yeah they should be able to give you a similar number for your year too if they have it for 2006. Here's the website if you need it http://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/options.html

It would be really cool if you did do that to get an even better estimate of total numbers!

So Only 20,038 SS's were ever made?

That seems a little low, but IDK it could be right.

Between 2003 and 2006 Chevrolet Produced a total of 2,707,121 Silverados (According to Wikipedia). If that is Accurate that means that only 0.7% of all the Silverado sold between 2003-2006 were SS's ( I lumped the 2007's into the 2006). Thats pretty rare.

It is low indeed :) I've estimated it to the best of my ability with the understanding that 2003, 2004, and 2006 are now known. And then that 2007 is expected to have very low numbers. It is my understanding that production numbers trailed off pretty quickly after the first run in '03 (maybe due to lower sales of an expensive truck?). I'm hoping some others get official numbers for 2005 and 2007 to have a complete number. But from the VIN searching estimates other guys have posted here compared to the official number I got it looks like the estimates are pretty accurate, which makes me believe 20038 is very close to the total. I was even more excited about the truck to see how exclusive it is :)

• 2 weeks later...

For the record mine is a black 2003 that just turned over to 53,000 miles and we are the holder of six standing mile landspeed records on the Maxton Mile in NC. and on the Ohio Mile in Wilmington. I wax it once a month and the only time it has been rained on was on the road to Ohio. I have three other hotrods but my SSS is my favorite and there is no need to drive it in the rain when I have something else easier to clean up and gets better gas mileage!

Here is another question I have wondered about. I bought my truck when it was 1 1/2 yrs. old and it listed for a little over $40,000.00. The 2003 models were somewhat limited were they heavily discounted when new or like some special editions did they sell for sticker or even over ie. the early 90'S ZR1 Corvette which sold for as much as ten grand over sticker and locked up with the owners expecting a big return on their investment. In this area you can buy a less than 10,000 mile example for $30,000.00 + or -?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there any way to know that exact number of my truck? Possibly from the VIN? Example, '03 had 9,357 made (according to comp-nine thats how many trucks were produced with the 1SS RPO), my vin's last 4 digits are 1990. Is my truck #1,990 of 9,357?

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

I dont think the vin can be. Unlike the camaro's which were sent out to have the SS package installed, those were able to be decoded down to the production number of each car with each option. Our trucks never had that. Its all a guess.

I found this http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Silverado/2003-Chevrolet-Silverado-SS.pdf page 21 breaks down the vin but the last 6 digits are plant sequence numbers, whatever that means.

Also, there are some really weird things in this 210 page pdf. First being a picture of a regular cab with SS cladding and wheels on the cover page. Then i see on page 13 it says it was gonna come with the 4l85??? Who shot that down?? Damn it!

The last 23 pages are specifics about the options of the SS

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

Normally plant sequence numbers ware what you go off for production numbers. But they arent 6 digits, they are 4. For instance my 2000 camaro ss build number is 4040. That number isnt anywhere within the vin or any paper work. I actually had to call SLP the company the car was sent to, when it had the SS package and options installed. They were the ones who had the production numbers. You gave them your vin to prove it was a real SS car, and they gave you the production number.

The corvette Z06 was the same way. finding a production number isnt as easy as making a phone call. I have tried, I have my build sheet and everything from Bowling Green, but cant find any production numbers, nor will they give me any.